What do you think is the highest quality/ most expensive sunglass brand owned by Luxottica?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by MJ997, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MJ997

MJ997 New Member

There seems to be some hate for it, but what is the brand with the most prestige, highest quality (and possibly price) that it owns?

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Naïve questions - are you trying to tell people that they are inferior beings by flaunting your apparent wealth? 'The best' are those which suit you even if the cheapest.

3. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

My personal preference is Persol, but I don't think they're the most expensive of Luxotticas offerings. I have a pair of Oakley C Six's that were way more $$$$ than any Persol I've owned.

Phillip :)

4. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Personally I own more than a few from a number of different brands from Luxottica. My choice was never determined by prestige or cost but based on protection, appearance, and wearability. I tend to like the ear sock pieces that Oakly uses. The criteria I've used so far seems to work best for me. It seems that most of the brands they sell are pretty much in the same price range. Frankly it seems for the most part Luxottica doesn't make a brand better as much as it cut costs and make as much profit as possible.

If your really looking for prestige you need to look at other brands such as Cartier. Cartier sunglasses can be rather expensive. But to be honest I don't know how much prestige even a pair of Cartier sunglasses will get you, as I haven't found the pair I own to get me anywhere. My Patek hasn't made me a better person either. But I do like the way they look, and how easy they wear.

5. diadem

diadem Senior member

Prestige, price, and high quality often don't mix. For example, Oakley makes a lot of tactical eyewear for military, law enforcement, and other government personnel. It's some real high-quality stuff, like ballistic goggles and glasses that soldiers in combat zones wear to stop shrapnel. That said, these products don't look prestigious, stylish or attractive in the least, at least by SF iGent standards, but I would certainly consider them some of the highest quality offerings from Luxottica.

Just buy what looks good and suits your tastes.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016