• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think is the coolest car ever?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
t57scat4.jpg

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The McLaren F1 road car: the perfect blend of performance, practicality, and design purity. I don't think there has ever been or will ever be a greater car.

--Andre

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-FA-DO-1024x768.jpg

From what I have heard from people who have driven the car it is far from the coolest, more like the hottest!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
That is a Bugatti, correct? Wow.
I think it's the T57 Atalante.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roy
I think it's the T57 Atalante.

Precisely. Although I had only known it as the Atlantic- so this additional info is fun to learn.

That is actually a photo of the one owned by Ralph Lauren.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Precisely. Although I had only known it as the Atlantic- so this additional info is fun to learn. That is actually a photo of the one owned by Ralph Lauren.
It’s a Type 57 SC Atlantic RL’s owns 1 of 3 built: chassis # 57591, built in 1937, and was originally a type 57S, but like many of the Type 57S’ built, they were often sent back to the factory to be retrofitted with Superchargers (this particular car was retrofitted in 39’), thus the ‘C’ addition to the car. The ‘Atalante’ body type is a different than the Atlantic (although it is still based on the Type 57S chassis, engine and powertrain), it looks like this:
1022-3.jpg
I like cars
smile.gif
Jon.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even close: Citroën DS "Decapotable":
ds21_pallas_decapotable.jpg
And the next two would be the standard Citroën DS sedan and the Citroën DS Break/Safari wagon...

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this one was pretty cool:
mywebsitepic2.jpg

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
citroen-full.jpg

I really really would like to find one of these old citroens. I think they kind of grow on you after a while. I was watching Munich today and half way through the movie I was on eBay seeing if I could find a black one in good shape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads