• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you think is more Beach Boys style?

wilson brother

Reaction score
The Abercrobie & Fitch, American Eagle or Gap?

I want more styles like my favorite band of all time the Beach Boys.

I am a FANatic you might see but I am also interested in fashion.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Travota is awesome. They're spot on with the preppy/surfer theme.

All Abercrombie will do is make you look like a student on a college campus.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
certainly hope its not the present beach boys look you're pursuing...
newbeachboys.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
certainly hope its not the present beach boys look you're pursuing...
Where's Stamos?

wilson brother

Reaction score
I found these Beach Boys photos on the net with the styles I like. I am 25 and I don’t want to look like an elder Beach Boy just like a classic one California dreaming.

I will travel to the US soon to look for some styles. Is Travota and Old Navy easy to locate? I don’t think I can were the Pendleton with long sleeve, I would perspire too much..that isn’t so cool.
teacha.gif

images398585_RS_BeachBoys.jpg

zap_beach.jpg

pop044.jpg

-Danny Wilson

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
I found these Beach Boys photos on the net with the styles I like. I am 25 and I don't want to look like an elder Beach Boy just like a classic one California dreaming.

Tiny quibble: that song was by the Mammas and the Pappas...but maybe you already knew that and were taking some license.

I will travel to the US soon to look for some styles. Is Travota and Old Navy easy to locate? I don't think I can were the Pendleton with long sleeve, I would perspire too much..that isn't so cool.
teacha.gif

-Danny Wilson
I have no idea what Travota is, but Old Navy stores are pretty ubiquitous. Where will you be? I'm sure you can go to Old Navy's web site and use their store locator function to guide yourself. Good luck!

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Tiny quibble: that song was by the Mammas and the Pappas...but maybe you already knew that and were taking some license.

I have no idea what Travota is, but Old Navy stores are pretty ubiquitous. Where will you be? I'm sure you can go to Old Navy's web site and use their store locator function to guide yourself. Good luck!

Thank you teacher
teacha.gif
you are a friendly professor. I know that Mammas and Pappas I like all the California music, the Eagles too but I am going crazy for the Beach Boys ever since I was young.

I went to www.oldnavy.com but cannot find any Beach Boy styles there. Can someone please show what I am missing??

-Danny Wilson

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher

But the Beach Boys did have a cover of "California Dreaming" in the mid-80s, the horror of which was summed up in the Dead Milkmen's "Punk Rock Girl":

And someone played a Beach Boys song
On the jukebox
It was "California Dreamin'"
So we started screamin'
"On such a winter's day"

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Where's Stamos?
laugh.gif
uncle jessie left the group to live with a single dad, his 2 daughters and the most annoying hanger-on in television history. then he fed off rebecca romijn's hands.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Do you like this shirt from Old Navy for a sunny look?

on387197-01p01v01.jpg

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
That's actually pretty nice. I just hope it's not flannel, or else you'll be sweating like hell wearing it now.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
That's actually pretty nice. I just hope it's not flannel, or else you'll be sweating like hell wearing it now.

The website says

"Made from soft woven cotton, with a handsome plaid print, snazzy chest pocket, adjustable buttoned cuffs, and shirttail hem."

is that the same as flannel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads