• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you think does this work?

JrayB

Reaction score
Just asking for any ones opinion on this combo and whether it works or not. I am unsure on the light blue trousers. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20210619_205239.jpg
    20210619_205239.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 140

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I’m thrown off as the slacks look like gray on my phone. What color is the jacket?

I don’t care for the shirt. At least not with that outfit.

JrayB

Reaction score
I guess I’m thrown off as the slacks look like gray on my phone. What color is the jacket?

I don’t care for the shirt. At least not with that outfit.
the trousers are light blue wool and the jacket is wool herringbone

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally not into that combo. Some suggestions:

1. Pants: Try pants in light grey, mid gray, or tan.

2. Shirt: Try a light blue shirt. You can also try shirts with white and blue stripes.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shirt is too casual for the outfit.
light blue trousers don’t match well with the brown/earth tones on top.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel there is enough contrast between the shirt and jacket. Go for a light blue shirt for a better look.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind that shirt and jacket combo if you’re going for a sort of weekend casual. The colors complement each other. In that case I would consider a pair of selvedge jeans—a newish pair that’s still quite dark.

But if this is meant for office casual, I agree with other posters to ditch that shirt and change the trousers.

Aboud

Reaction score
Just asking for any ones opinion on this combo and whether it works or not. I am unsure on the light blue trousers. Thanks in advance
The colors go well together but I'm not sure how they're gonna look when you try them. But try another shirt, more casual maybe, a t-shirt could work

Jan Capek

Reaction score
The jacket and the shirt go together nicely. Both are pleasant, warm colors.
The trousers are a cold, light blue, and thus not the best fit in my eyes. They'd be much better with a navy blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads