1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think are most sexy, sleek, cool, modern bed frames out?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sdsurfer, Jul 17, 2006.

1. sdsurfer

sdsurfer Active Member

If you've seen any of my other posts I just bought a King size Tempur Pedic and want to hookup the entire setup with awesome sheets, pillows, etc. This post is about the actual bed frame. I'm looking for something really modern and sleek. I definitely want something sexy and low profile. I've seen some cool ones on the web but it's hard to know if they can really take a pounding without breaking. Any suggestions?

2. mbc

mbc Senior member

I like the look of some of the West Elm stuff ( http://www.westelm.com ). If "sdsurfer" means you're in San Diego, they have a store in Mission Valley.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is the one we have:[​IMG]

It looks great and is very sturdy. It is super low to the ground, which I like, so it might take some getting used to.

4. CaptChaos

CaptChaos Senior member

5. sdsurfer

sdsurfer Active Member

What do you guys think about the idea of just buying a large rug and placing the bed on that? Like a large shag rug? Something like this:
    [​IMG]

6. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

My girlfriend has this one and I adore it. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, though. [​IMG] Amisco (I think that's right) also has some nice metal-frame beds that are sold in better contemporary furniture shops. Nice design (mine's an olive drab one with a two-piece moveable headboard) and reasonable cost.

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

Though I really like the low-to-the-ground style beds (gives the illusion of a bigger room), I hear it's hell on your knees as you get older.

Also, I bet IKEA has beds very aesthetically similar to those posted for quite a lot cheaper, albiet with poorer build quality.

9. summej2

summej2 Senior member

My girlfriend has this one and I adore it. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, though. [​IMG]

Amisco (I think that's right) also has some nice metal-frame beds that are sold in better contemporary furniture shops. Nice design (mine's an olive drab one with a two-piece moveable headboard) and reasonable cost.

The Ligne Roset Maly bed is nice, but I'm a big fan of Interluebke beds---amazingly comfortable and wonderfully designed. The down sides are that it is fairly expensive and it can be hard to find in the US. I know there are stores in Boston, DC, and maybe Dallas.

This is their classic design, but everything can be customized.

10. itsstillmatt

The Ligne Roset Maly bed is nice, but I'm a big fan of Interluebke beds---amazingly comfortable and wonderfully designed. The down sides are that it is fairly expensive and it can be hard to find in the US. I know there are stores in Boston, DC, and maybe Dallas.

This is their classic design, but everything can be customized.

You are being kind. Ligne Roset products are pretty badly made in general. They bridge the gap between Ikea and high end modern design. Interlubke makes does a great job with cabinetry, so I imagine that this line of beds is excellent.

11. faust

faust Senior member

You are being kind. Ligne Roset products are pretty badly made in general. They bridge the gap between Ikea and high end modern design. Interlubke makes does a great job with cabinetry, so I imagine that this line of beds is excellent.

Why do you say that, I'm curious?

Another vote for Interlubke - but damn expensive...

Here is my bed - I love it, and when I bought it, it wasn't that expensive ($1,400)

http://www.cattelanitalia.com/categoria_uk.htm
    [​IMG]

12. itsstillmatt

Why do you say that, I'm curious?

Another vote for Interlubke - but damn expensive...

Here is my bed - I love it, and when I bought it, it wasn't that expensive ($1,400)

http://www.cattelanitalia.com/categoria_uk.htm

From what I know their products just aren't all that well made. IMO, other than the Bourrellec designs they are not all that appealing either.

13. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

You are being kind. Ligne Roset products are pretty badly made in general. They bridge the gap between Ikea and high end modern design.
    albeit a very large gap! Anyway, I acquired this lamp from Cinna, and I'm very pleased with it.
    [​IMG]

Although, I wouldn't buy any cabinet or furniture from them or Ligne Roset, they do have a nice pool of talented designers.

!luc

14. faust

faust Senior member

Although, I wouldn't buy any cabinet or furniture from them or Ligne Roset, they do have a nice pool of talented designers.

!luc

Sure, they still them all from Roche Bobois [​IMG]