• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about Zara blazer

mottykytu

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a blazer from zara and it will cost about 150 usd for one of them
Which one do you think is the best ? and does it worth 150 usd ?
No 1
khaki blazer
http://muare1.vcmedia.vn/images/ 2011/09/08/53/1315494257_6719469710_1_1_3.jpg

No2

No3
Feux-Suede Blazer

LaymanX

Reaction score

Save your money. Pretty ugly.

+1

I can't stand fake suede/leather elbow patches, which is naturally all the rage this season. I've seen velvet, cotton, cord elbow patches. I've seen patches on cheap linen shirts.

NotDickDiver

Reaction score

Save your money. Pretty ugly.

Agree.

But, if you are one of those hipsters with pants that strangle your privates, banana shaped shoes, stained BD shirt with extremely small collars, and generally like ill fitting clothes you might hit home run with one of these jackets.

Egert

Reaction score
2nd is more or less...

you should post this in "streetwear and denim" forum :satisfied:

kasakka

Reaction score
Those look horrible. Even the ones that look decent have the exact same problem H&M has - they're way, way too short. It's not even a fashion thing at that point, it just looks off. Generally I find that Zara's materials are pretty crap, H&M varies between crap and actually quite good (saw a very nice proper tweed jacket that I would've bought if it wasn't way short).

You'll easily find a better used sportscoat or blazer on eBay for that money. Figure out your size, buy something that is about right (fits at least in the shoulders) and if needed find a tailor to fix things like too short/long sleeves or too roomy jacket.

AndyMG

Reaction score
None of them look particularly pleasant. Aren't most of Zara's products made from man-made fabrics?

connor09

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not exactly my cup of tea, I'd prefer Topman.

enzoangelo

Reaction score
For $150 you will find a better quality product and a more classic cut than Zara's at Uniqlo.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1, what happened to it, looks like it needs to be pressed.
2, is OK.
3, looks OK from the front, don't like the elbow patches and those button things at the back though.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All dreadful - avoid.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
150 bucks isn't that much I know. You can actually get ahold of much better stuff for that money though, check out the B&S forum for example.

Adarael

Reaction score
Truth. Or ebay. I scored a Luciano Barbera Sartoriale sportcoat for 100 bucks a while back, and a Corneliani blazer for 20. Unless you have a dire need to buy new... There are better ways to spend that money.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

1, what happened to it, looks like it needs to be pressed....

:laugh: It might be a metal blazer (a few percent metal woven in with the cotton). I have one and it's really neat, though of course it's meant to be super-casual. It's also not terribly short on my 5.9" self.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh: It might be a metal blazer (a few percent metal woven in with the cotton). I have one and it's really neat, though of course it's meant to be super-casual. It's also not terribly short on my 5.9" self.

Someone posted here on MC a few months ago about his Paul Smith casual shirt having a metal content in the fabric. Says he went on a cruise for a week and the shirt rusted. :D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads