• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about this suit for my August. 12th Wedding?

James Patterson

Reaction score
We are having a small wedding here in NYC, and will be outdoors. We are to be wed at 6:00PM.

I have decided to wear a suit not a tuxedo.

I truly love the light gray/silvery color of this suit. It appears lightweight and a good color for summer. Albeit a bit pricey, I'm not concerned about the money just want to make sure that I'm not getting ripped off.

Also, does anyone have a tailor they can recommend here in New York?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5400-Ki...601531?hash=item211ecbec3b:g:MwUAAOSwopRYgBoe

What do you guys think of it?

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit looks fine, what's more important is how it fits you. I cannot recommend a tailor for you though. Also important are the shoes you're going to wear with the suit.

ThomGault

Reaction score
For 6pm wedding, I'd choose a dark suit, not anything as light as what you linked. Light colors aren't as appropriate in the evening.
Regarding tailors, there should be lots of suggestions if you google this site.

Last edited:

James Patterson

Reaction score
you make a great point there in regards to the time. maybe I should just wear a tux since its evening attire.

do you think the price is fair or am I getting ripped?

ThomGault

Reaction score
As @brookslauren77 mentioned, how is the fit? Particularly the chest and shoulders? That's the start of a value judgment.

James Patterson

Reaction score
I honestly dont know yet. im a 38Reg but i cant try it on because its online. i should probably ask for exact measurements right?

ThomGault

Reaction score

I honestly dont know yet. im a 38Reg but i cant try it on because its online. i should probably ask for exact measurements right?

No. If you dont know all your main measurements and aren't familiar enough with the concepts, you're not ready to put this amount of money into a suit.

Last edited:

ThomGault

Reaction score

even if i measure my sleeves and shoulders and back legnth?

No offense intended, but you obviously have no experience with measurements for suits purchased over the internet. An $1800 wedding suit is not the time or place to cut your teeth. If you want to blow that kind of money, check out mtm or bespoke and get something that will FIT. God knows your in the right city.

Last edited:

James Patterson

Reaction score
no offense taken but if I go uptown to Brioni or Isaia im going to pay $3,000+ at the very least

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads