• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about this girl?

alchimiste

Reaction score
Don't forget to bring your brown suits.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to bring your brown suits.
Is she a farmer?

"I'm a recent college graduate who is gainfully employed, confident, and optimistic. I'm a very independant woman, but enjoy spending time with a few friends who have proved to be intelligent, hilarious,and supportive. Intelligence and higher education are a requirement, as I really enjoy conversations that cover more than just surface issues. Although my degree is in creative writing and I have quite an affection for the arts, I love learning new things and am very interested in social theory, genetics, anthropology, philosophy, history, and political structure. Communication is very important to me. Honesty, dependibility, respect, and trustworthiness are essentials in any relationship, romantic or otherwise. I love museums, live music, vintage shopping, Farmers' Market, foreign/art/indepedant movies, coffee, and good food. I love learning new things; perhaps you can teach me something. Physical distance is not an issue for me right now, as I believe that verbal communication is very important and is key in truly getting to know someone. Also, I love the chance to travel."

alchimiste

Reaction score
About 89 percent of the land area in the state is in farms. Iowa is ranked second in the nation in red meat production. Iowa has about 5 1/3 hogs for every person in the state - 15.9 million hogs. One in every 3.8 pounds of pork is shipped from an Iowa plant. There were more than 180 farmers' markets in Iowa for the 2004 growing season, ranking our state 3rd in the nation in number of markets, and 1st in number of markets per capita. (Source: Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, Horticulture and Farmers' Market Bureau) Iowa produces approximately 19 percent of the nation's corn for grain and about 14 percent of the nation's soybeans. agriculture.state.ia.us/quickFacts.htm

alchimiste

Reaction score
I really enjoy conversations that cover more than just surface issues.
Technically clothing is surface.

Where is she in Iowa?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she likes = Farmers' Market

alchimiste

Reaction score
Where does she live? From what university did she graduate? How much did you speak/write to her?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ April 11 2005,11:45) I really enjoy conversations that cover more than just surface issues.
Technically clothing is surface. Where is she in Iowa?
Clothes is the most important topics. What does ot change? From a city .

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where does she live? From what university did she graduate? How much did you speak/write to her?
I told you = i haven't spoken to her

alchimiste

Reaction score
I told you = i haven't spoken to her
Let me rephrase: how much have you interacted with her online and how much do you know about her?

Have you seen the south Park episode where a guy is sent to Des Moines at the end?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She lives in De moines in actually ...

What happened in S P ?

Let me repeat = i haven't talked to her AT ALL

alchimiste

Reaction score
So you have never written or spoken to her, you have never met her and you want to marry her right away. Sounds good.

For a garment you would try it on for an hour in the store, ask about it here, have it altered, ask again. But of course women are so much less important that no such care is needed.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you have never written or spoken to her, you have never met her and you want to marry her right away. Sounds good.

For a garment you would try it on for an hour in the store, ask about it here, have it altered, ask again. But of course women are so much less important that no such care is needed.
She sent me a blink, what do you want more?

I am able to reconize the love of my life.

alchimiste

Reaction score
I am able to reconize the love of my life.
OK.
So now let's move on to the important question: what will you wear for the wedding?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ April 11 2005,12:36) I am able to reconize the love of my life.
OK. So now let's move on to the important question: what will you wear for the wedding?
What happened in S P ? A farmer outfit of course = brown striped suit brown loafers a Rolex a checked shirt a striped tie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads