• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about this blazer?

Angel91

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m sorry if I’m using the term blazer wrong. Maybe I should say sport coat.
I’d like to know how do you feel about this one.
I want an versatile navy sport coat that I can wear to dress up a bit, but I don’t want anything too formal.
this is a loro piana very light blazer, totally unstructured.
It’s very comfortable and airy, but I suppose the fact that it has no structure makes it drape a bit worse.
would you guys be satisfied with how it looks? Thanks

Attachments

• E6D2E927-D66E-4D60-A4ED-9FD18796203D.jpeg
    E6D2E927-D66E-4D60-A4ED-9FD18796203D.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 149
  • CA7F7AF5-7177-4B88-AEB8-8FCDD7D70693.jpeg
    CA7F7AF5-7177-4B88-AEB8-8FCDD7D70693.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 154

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The drape in this case is not so much influenced by the construction as an unstructured jacket can/should drape well.
In your case, the jacket is too tight and it’s pulling from the fastening point.

Angel91

Reaction score
Aha, and that’s probably why those wrinkles above the button are there, right? It’s weird because the jacket didn’t feel tight at all... is it something fixable or should I choose a different jacket?

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aha, and that’s probably why does wrinkles above the button are there, right? It’s weird because the jacket didn’t feel tight at all... is it something fixable or should I choose a different jacket?

the jackets needs to be let out. It’s fixable assuming there’s enough material for that. The shoulders fit well.

Another problem I’m seeing also, which may not be fixable, is the high button stance. The jacket may want to drape, but it’s hung up on the high button stance.

I think one of the tailors may want to chime in with more expert observation.

Angel91

Reaction score
You mean the button should be lower? I’m sorry but I’ve recently become interested in this world and there’s a lot I don’t know.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean the button should be lower? I’m sorry but I’ve recently become interested in this world and there’s a lot I don’t know.

yes. The button stance seems high. I’m not sure this is something that can be altered.

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
yes. The button stance seems high. I’m not sure this is something that can be altered.

I've had this situation with a jacket; it wouldn't drape properly because of the high button stance. I had it let down a bit, which involved lengthening the entire jacket to get a lower button stance (it also lowers the pockets). I understand this is pretty serious work, and would make sure I get a quote for how much it will cost.

I had it done on a bespoke jacket with plenty of extra fabric, I dunno of most off-the-rack jackets would have enough fabric for it.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is too tight around your torso. The way the cloth pulls at the button is a good indicator.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads