• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about these?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opinions? Puma Skutnabb in black leather with suede trim:
20030804231009b.jpg
110_1067670456.gif
109_1067670456.gif
176_1067670456.gif
Puma Skutnabb Jon.

gqelements

Reaction score
i think puma has much nicer products. to me these look like pont shoes in balet [no idea why, it was the first image that came to mind]. they also look stiff.

but i am biased, as i'm not a fan of entirely black shoes.

Tom

Reaction score
I personally think that sneakers are best left for athletics. Just my preference, but I think that they are worn far too often in our culture.

-Tom

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, that is why I was so attracted to them in the first place, they are not like sneakers as much as they they are much more like a causal, urban shoe (for lack of a better explanation).

Jon.

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Repsectfully, the thing I don't like about those shoes is the same thing I don't like about Campers - they look shoes for people with foot problems, like Frankenstein or someone with clubbed feet. While I agree with Tom that sneakers are worn too often outside of sports, I do think they have their place on the street. Â Personally, I like sneakers that look like sneakers. Â For instance: http://www.onlykicks.com/image2.php?...ges/AF1L19.jpg
smith6.jpg
Always clean, always white. Â Paired with jeans, they shine bright.

gqelements

Reaction score
Well, they can't be any stiffer than the Adidas Tuscany's: Adidas Tuscany GT Jon.
i think the 'goodyears' are nice [even nicer if you could find then in another color...but still nice]

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Repsectfully, the thing I don't like about those shoes is the same thing I don't like about Campers - they look shoes for people with foot problems, like Frankenstein or someone with clubbed feet. While I agree with Tom that sneakers are worn too often outside of sports, I do think they have their place on the street. Personally, I like sneakers that look like sneakers. For instance: http://www.onlykicks.com/image2.php?...ges/AF1L19.jpg
smith6.jpg
Always clean, always white. Paired with jeans, they shine bright.
They remind me of shoes a comedian might wear with a pair of jeans or a pair of tan pants and a blue blazer; they have no panache, no style, they are just sneakers. The look I am going for however, is a bit more dressed-up, something perhaps to wear when on a date or when going to a nice non-formal party. Jon.

kalra2411

Reaction score
What about Vuitton ones?

Or even Prada, they have a very large selection, and a lot of them look like the ones you posted.

At the Gym I use Prada, I never wear trainers outside the gym though.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As much as I like these: Car Shoes for Prada driving lace-ups
S4M4972_mp.jpg
S4M4971_mp.jpg
S4M4968_mp.jpg
And have been in several LV stores and checked out their sneakers, and like two models, they are about 4-5 times more than the Pumas; at the same time the pictured Pradas are $315. Whilst I have no problem spending that amount for dress shoes, personally I think it's a waste to spend that much on sneakers. Jon.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cap it off at $250 for sneakers, and that's pushing it. $315 is just ridiculous, though those Prada's are cool. I'm also not sure about a guy who would wear LV sneakers.

kalra2411

Reaction score
I see your point.

Prada are discounted a lot at times though.

LV, as you probably know never go on sale, though I have seen reduced LV items in both Paris and Milan.

Tom

Reaction score
If you want to wear some hip, urban, sneakers, Puma is an good brand (my girlfriend wears pumas and vans almost exclusively). But every one is wearing them. I also think that campers are attractive, but everyone is wearing them also.
I think it is silly to spend too much. They just won't last like good all leather shoes. I still much prefer casual comfortable shoes, such as Birkenstocks, or Campers or Clarks instead of sneakers. They do look a bit like orthopedic shoes, but that has a certain amount of "geek chic" appeal.

-Tom

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The shoes cost $152 in Asia (only place I have seen them outside of one store here in the U.S.), whilst in the aforementioned store they have them for $110. Thus, they are priced right.

Mike,

What's wrong with a guy that has LV sneakers? (other than they cost about $475?)(and no, I don't have a pair, just curious)

Tom,

I would be hard pressed to find another person wearing these, or if they could recognize that they are Puma's without seeing the tiny Puma logo in the rear of the shoe. The problem with the Pradas is that they use nubs as soles and they don't last at all, whereas the Puma Speed Cats (for example) have solid soles that will last a lot longer. The Pumas I showed have thick rubber soles and they are almost all leather with just a hint of suede. Why do they look like orthopedic shoes?

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads