What do you think about these paul smith pants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AJL, Sep 7, 2004.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....9307082 Maybe i'm outta whack here, but these seem kinda cool, for a dressy/funky crossover. They do appear to be full cut though judging by measurements. Speaking of pants, Ian's also got some slim cut Barba cotton flat fronts listed-- I've heard praise of Barba shirts here, anyone familiar w/ their pants?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I like them, But my tastes run a bit on the designery side, so others may well disagree with me. The pants may be less expensive on his andale site. They have been around for a while, so he may be willing to negotiate a bit.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

They seem conservative.

4. AJL

AJL Senior member

Very laconic response (also see "wear Berluti's"...).

Conservative to you? Conservative in general? Conservative in a good way? Conservative in a bad way?

Throw me a bone here (ruff ruff).

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I like the fabric but I can't really see the cut because they are folded in the picture. I generally like Paul Smith though and his pants tend to be on the very-slim side, so I would assume the fit is right. Not sure if my assumption is worth $160 though.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(LabelKing @ 07 Sep. 2004, 9:47) They seem conservative.
    Very laconic response (also see "wear Berluti's"...). Conservative to you? Conservative in general? Conservative in a good way? Conservative in a bad way? Throw me a bone here (ruff ruff).
    Well, they are generally conservative. Nothing frightfully outlandish so i suppose a good way. But that basis was from my perception. Perhaps not others.