• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about these Mantellassi?

fjtaguas

Reaction score
Hello! I have been reading this forum for some time and finally joined to ask for your opinion regarding a pair of shoes.

I would like to know what you think about this pair of Mantellassi´s I came across in shopthefinest:

They cost 300 dollars, so I guess they are the lowest line, right? How is the quality? Do you think they are worth buying? I know they are cheap for this kind of shoe, but still they are a considerable expense for me (I am just starting to work now so...) If you can think of better options at similar prices it would be great.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

fjtaguas

Reaction score
Come on guys, I could really use some opinions, I am hesitant about getting these shoes...

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The main problem is you won't be able to try them on. How do you know they'll fit?

This wouldn't be a problem if STF didn't have a ridiculous store credit only policy for refunds.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This wouldn't be a problem if STF didn't have a ridiculous store credit only policy for refunds.

Ridiculous or not, that is their policy, so if this is a lot of money to the OP, he can't very well have it tied up at a store that doesn't have every shoe in every size.

fjtaguas

Reaction score
Actually that is the main problem I see too... I compared the length and width they provide with similar shoes I own and I think they are the right size, but i can´t say for sure if they will fit well... I guess I could ask the staff for extra measurements and maybe it will help. Anyway, size aside, do you like the shoe? Is it good deal? I wouldn't have to pay the 50 bucks of shipping since a friend could pick them up for me.
Thanks

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are tasteful and the blue painting on the soles is funny too. They have the elegance of Italian design about them, Ordering shoes online is risky but why not, one has to make ones experiences! You know I have ordered e.g. shoes from Herring shoes online that fit very well and on the other hand I have actually bought shoes from a local shop that were a tad too small; it all depends on how much you like the aesthetic design, too. one can stretch them a bit or carve some bits out with a knife, if push comes to shove. ;)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In terms of sizing, Mantellasi runs pretty true to size so if you are say a 43 in most shoe brands, you would be a 43 in Mantellassi. As per your initial question, I would not recommend those shoes. The leather is not nice, the last not nice and if I am not mistaken, those are not welted.

fjtaguas

Reaction score
I think they are tasteful and the blue painting on the soles is funny too. They have the elegance of Italian design about them, Ordering shoes online is risky but why not, one has to make ones experiences! You know I have ordered e.g. shoes from Herring shoes online that fit very well and on the other hand I have actually bought shoes from a local shop that were a tad too small; it all depends on how much you like the aesthetic design, too. one can stretch them a bit or carve some bits out with a knife, if push comes to shove.
wink.gif
Wow, I don´t know if I would dare using the knife with them, they would get destroyed probably
tongue.gif
Anyway you´re right, there has to to be a first time for everything!
But we also don't now anything about you and what you want to wear these shoes with and in what situations so it's hard to tell you if they're well suited to your purposes or not.
Yeah, of course you are right, since it´s my first post i should give some more information. I would wear them in occasions outside work when I am not wearing a suit, maybe going to college and so on, so I would probably wear them with jeans and a blazer (I am 21 by the way).

I have another pair at home which I was thinking of returning, but I guess I will let you see them too just in case you like them more! In terms of quality they are far away from the other ones (They are Magnanni's) These were 120 euros and I like them okay, but it feels kind of bad keeping these when I could have the Mantellassi for 90 more euros... That said, I know these ones fit me alright since I can try them in person

fjtaguas

Reaction score
In terms of sizing, Mantellasi runs pretty true to size so if you are say a 43 in most shoe brands, you would be a 43 in Mantellassi. As per your initial question, I would not recommend those shoes. The leather is not nice, the last not nice and if I am not mistaken, those are not welted.
Well, I was not very sure about them and since you guys don´t like them very much I think I am gonna pass on them and wait for a better chance. By the way, it is really nice to have a bunch of experts to consult about this things
smile.gif
Thanks to anyone who has answered so far

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course from personal experience STFs store credit "refund" was in my case honored
2 years after it was incurred.The second time I actually used it in the store. What I failed to
mention that the sore credit refund was for a pair of pants that Ian admitted were mis-sized.

Re: The shoes. They look too "Italian" in the negative sense of the term. Those are the type
of shoes I asociate with excessive hair gel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads