• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about my brother's ugly shoes? And suggest options for wide feet.

internettman

Reaction score
My brother is here this weekend and some of the shoes he brought are outrageously ugly.
crazy.gif

Previously, he has told me that he prefers square-toed shoes because he has wide feet.

Whether or not he has wide feet, my opinion is that these shoes are outrageously ugly and I think he should throw them away or donate them to charity immediately.

Though his selection of shoes might indicate otherwise, my brother is, in fact, NOT marsupialed, and actually pretty smart. I don't know what came over him.
lookaround.gif

There must be better options for people with wide feet. What kind of choices does he have?

In the extremely unlikely case that I am way off the mark here and shoes like this now represent good taste, please feel free to put me in my place
wow.gif

33dlhjt.jpg

15ei92h.jpg

f0u1zo.jpg

2v362hd.jpg

14vinif.jpg

Higher resolution in the forum attachments.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Why are you censoring the label?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by internettman
because it's irrelevant.

There are other shoes for wide feet. There are diefferent last. Read more on SF. The search is your friend.

What I don't get is: do you love him or do you like to bother him?!

internettman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
There are other shoes for wide feet. There are diefferent last. Read more on SF. The search is your friend.

What I don't get is: do you love him or do you like to bother him?!

I can search, but I wanted to do a poll on his actual shoes.

What kind of last will accomodate wide feet other than hideous square toes? Or should it be sufficient to just buy something in E width instead of D?

I hope for his sake that he will not purchase or wear shoes that are this ugly again, but until then I will keep bothering him about how ugly these shoes are.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by internettman
I can search, but I wanted to do a poll on his actual shoes.

What kind of last will accomodate wide feet other than hideous square toes? Or should it be sufficient to just buy something in E width instead of D?

I hope for his sake that he will not purchase or wear shoes that are this ugly again, but until then I will keep bothering him about how ugly these shoes are.

Here is an example. Visit:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/search...fitID=&sizeID=

and have a look at 'select fit'.

I think you will find some shoes without square toe for him!

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Brother, is that like imaginary friend or is it really you?​

internettman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
Brother, is that like imaginary friend or is it really you?
plain.gif
eh.gif
I would never buy or wear shoes that looked like that.

TintinATL

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say I have shoes exactly like that. Now that I read SF, of course, I don't wear them any more. I keep them as a reminder of how far I have come. Perhaps you can persuade your brother to read SF?

GTR

Reaction score
One photo would have sufficed.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People with wide feet (like myself) have plenty of options for good shoes. One potential hang up is that you won't see them at clearance prices nearly as often because stores don't carry a huge stock of wides.

Allen Edmonds, Alden, even Johnston and Murphy all have wide sizes.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are pretty unattractive. But you can educate him on the subject. If he still stands by his choice, then that's on him. At least you know what to get him for the holidays
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads