• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think about Brooks Brother’s current shoe offerings?

nikolau

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I noticed that Brooks is having a steep sale on some of their footwear, but haven’t found too many threads discussing their shoes since 0’8/0’9. My understanding is that they are made by Alden/AE/C&J. Is that still the case? Are the shoes of an inferior quality to AE/Alden/C&J, because at present they’re very affordably priced.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, I’m really not sure if BB is going with Alden anymore for their shell cordovan offerings. I may be wrong and they might still have some new old stock they’re trying to rid themselves of.

The Peal & Co. shoes are made by C&J and I believe Alfred Sargent.

There is really not a step down in quality. It’s offered under a private label so they can discount it as they choose without diluting the brand. Some of the models may be offered with details exclusive to BB such as materials, color, sole, etc.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I noticed that Brooks is having a steep sale on some of their footwear, but haven’t found too many threads discussing their shoes since 0’8/0’9. My understanding is that they are made by Alden/AE/C&J. Is that still the case? Are the shoes of an inferior quality to AE/Alden/C&J, because at present they’re very affordably priced.

First off, I’m really not sure if BB is going with Alden anymore for their shell cordovan offerings. I may be wrong and they might still have some new old stock they’re trying to rid themselves of.

The Peal & Co. shoes are made by C&J and I believe Alfred Sargent.

There is really not a step down in quality. It’s offered under a private label so they can discount it as they choose without diluting the brand. Some of the models may be offered with details exclusive to BB such as materials, color, sole, etc.

Any updated information on Brooks Brothers current shoe offerings?

I am interested in the current made in Italy offerings. They seem well made other than the "plasticky" feeling to the leather finish. I am not sure if they just added an acrylic dye/coating/treatment that other manufacturers are now doing (i.e. Allen Edmonds) on top of good quality leather or if it is actually just cheap leather. Any thoughts?

Based on Brooks Brothers history (Alden, Allen Edmonds, C&J) I would assume quality but none of the sales associates or 800-number customer service reps have any idea or information to share.

They are the "Golden Fleece" collection but I am not really sure how much that matters anymore.

Reaction score
Did you ever get a reply to this? I've purchased several of their Peel & Co shoes in the past, Made in England...I believe by C&J and Cheaney and those were very good quality. Just bought some Golden Fleece Boots in black leather because they were almost 60% off on sale... first purchase from their Italian made GF line... I have my fingers crossed... But, would love to know if you've heard anything about the real maker of these shoes in Italy?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a reply to this? I've purchased several of their Peel & Co shoes in the past, Made in England...I believe by C&J and Cheaney and those were very good quality. Just bought some Golden Fleece Boots in black leather because they were almost 60% off on sale... first purchase from their Italian made GF line... I have my fingers crossed... But, would love to know if you've heard anything about the real maker of these shoes in Italy?

I doubt even they know. Seriously. There are any number of shoe factory in Italy that make private label shoes. In fact, I wouldn’t doubt it if they are just the minimum “made in Italy” so as to legally be able to use that label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads