1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you shave with?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ysc, Feb 16, 2009.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

. . . with the backup shaving goods and perfume stocks are kept in various drawers . . . the razors sit in a pile on a shelf in the (locking) closet.

Nuclear blast you grab:

You wife?
    Your dog?
    Your 6/8 quarter-hollow Le Grelot?

lefty

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Nuclear blast you grab:

You wife?
    Your dog?
    Your 6/8 quarter-hollow Le Grelot?

lefty

The Le Grelot's the only one without legs. Wife and dogs I would give a shove in the right direction, though.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I just got a new scuttle, this one has a big enough hole to soak my brush in the water that keep the scuttle warm. I am very happy. Also, sandlewood preshare oil.

4. Alter

Alter Senior member

I just got a new scuttle, this one has a big enough hole to soak my brush in the water that keep the scuttle warm. I am very happy. Also, sandlewood preshare oil.

Where is the scuttle from? I have been wanting one but couldn't find one with that feature.

5. DavidGru

DavidGru Member

6. jeffreyarvel

jeffreyarvel New Member

I usually use a straight razor. I've been changing them a lot recently but my favourite one is definitely the Parker SR1 Stainless Steel Straight Edge Barber Razor. I've noticed it's a somewhat sharper than the ones I was used to. I recommend that you watch some videos on Youtube on how to shave with a straight razor, especially if it's something new for you.
    First time I started, I would get these annoying red rashes and razor bumps that would last a day or two. I talked to a dermatologist and he said that I should prepare my own shaving cream. I've been shaving with honey and cocoa butter. I got the idea from ShavingSolution; they feature more recipes, so just take your pick. If you don't want to prepare it yourself, you can buy an organic shaving cream (Goldmountainbeauty's blog has some really nice reviews). Whatever works for you. :)
    Hope this helped.