• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you see as best value tie brand?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever looks good, is well made, complements my suits and shirts and is on sale at NM Last call. I've picked up some top brand name ties priced at or lower than mall ties. I buy the tie, not the brand.

JS1357

Reaction score
Go to a discount store like Century 21. They have designer ties for 30-60 dollars

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton & Stefano Ricci

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mountain & Sackett are great for the price.

krawlx

Reaction score
I really like some of the ties at Muji. Unfortunately, there is only one location in Seoul, and they seem to be cutting down on their selection.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see ties as a real value buy. I mean, even very expensive ones are $200, unless I'm missing something.

I dig Zegnas ties, oddly.

Wesley Bills

Reaction score
Anything you like and buy and wear happily is a good value for the money.

So in that case no brand is and all brand is depending on what you buy and like.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Whatever looks good, is well made, complements my suits and shirts and is on sale at NM Last call. I've picked up some top brand name ties priced at or lower than mall ties. I buy the tie, not the brand.

Quite correct! I am 100% with you on this one.

Funny enough, I have ended up with a lot of Robert Talbott ties - usually they are very nicely priced and well made. I just for some reason home in on them particularly when they are only around $30 on sale.

I rarely could be bothered to spend $100 plus on a name brand tie unless the said tie had an interesting pattern / design I could not find anywhere else.

I quite like the vintage look of Etro ties, but at $70 each at outlets, I dont buy a lot of them.

For a tie, $50 and under is my preference, and there are plenty in that price range that are good.

Originally Posted by westinghouse
Kiton & Stefano Ricci

Best value? You kidding right? Great ties, but I thought their prices ran into the 100's rather than 10's.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breuer makes nice ties for cheap compared to other brands

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Attolini, particularly the cashmeres.

only $35 right? I mean $53! no wait, they're not available for sale!

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by krawlx
I really like some of the ties at Muji. Unfortunately, there is only one location in Seoul, and they seem to be cutting down on their selection.
I've seen a few. To wit, one in Times Square in Youngdeungpo, and one in the Lotte Young Plaza in Myeongdong.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics