What do you put in your flask?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by chorse123, Aug 21, 2006.

1. RicoItaliano

RicoItaliano Well-Known Member

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

ok how about "fellas" or "gents"....is there ever a day when your panties aren't in a bunch?

Man it's ok... I'm just trying to picture an asian dude talking like Mike Skinner.

3. Style guy

Style guy Well-Known Member

I have a 9 oz stainless steel flask that I bought earlier this year. I use it about twice per month. Football games mostly ( CFL games) the bastards charge $5.00 for a one ounce shot. I can save a lot of dough by filling the flask before I leave home. I just put it in my pocket and walk right in.

I usually use the cheap stuff ( Captain Morgan spiced rum) so if I get caught with it and I have to dump the contents, it won't hurt the pocketbook too much. I think flasks are great to have. Movies, sports events, weddings, etc are all good places to bring the flask.

Also on public transportation as well. Now that winter is coming, I like to have a nip once in a while.

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Now I have three flasks. I keep them all filled. Whenever I run low I just grab another.

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

I'll probably invest in a nice sterling flask with my initials engraved on the cartouche in the near future.

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Now I have three flasks. I keep them all filled. Whenever I run low I just grab another.

You've got me by one. [​IMG] What are you keeping in your flasks these days?

7. Kent Wang

JW Black. Scoth is too expensive of a hobby for me to venture past that price. Costco has it for $50 for 1.75L and I can't find any single malts cheaper than that, except for McClelland.

8. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Nothing wrong with Walker Black as a flasking drink. I'm still trying to decide what to fill 'em up with this winter. An Irish friend of mine is trying to convince me to go the Jameson route... so far I think he's succeeding.

9. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

JW Black. Scotch is too expensive of a hobby for me to venture past that price. Costco has it for $50 for 1.75L and I can't find any single malts cheaper than that, except for McClelland.

Wow! Booze may be the only thing that's cheaper in Japan. I can get a variety of single malts in the $30 range. Lagavulin is the most expensive I've bought at around $70.

JW Black is some tasty stuff, though. If I were dealing with those kinds of price differentials, that's probably what I'd be drinking too. As it is, The Glenlivet is my go-to scotch.

10. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I don't understand the point of carrying a flask. Do you need a drink that badly in the middle of the day? You guys must hate your jobs...

11. Kent Wang

No, it's $50 for a 1.75L bottle, so that's $28.57 per liter or $21.43 for a typical 750mL bottle. This is all before sales tax, btw.

When I drink from a flask, I often slam it or at least don't have a proper glass on hand to enjoy it properly. I can't justify putting anything more than $30/L in a flask.

12. Matt

Matt [email protected]

An Irish friend of mine is trying to convince me to go the Jameson route...
    seconded
    I don't understand the point of carrying a flask. Do you need a drink that badly in the middle of the day? You guys must hate your jobs...
    seconded

13. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Did you read the thread

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Shit, I need a flask.

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Can someone start a thread on anal sex so that I can jump in and say, "I don't understand why you people like anal sex. You must really hate your wives."?

Oh, wait.