• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you put in your flask?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

funk_soul_brother

Reaction score
Well I don't have a flask of my own, but if I did -- in it would be El Dorado 15-year-old rum 'cause it's bloody delicious!

someoneNew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
so you can carry booze with you without looking like a wino? What do you suggest, a brown paper bag?

lol8[1].gif

Yeah, you carry around an open container in the states and you're asking for trouble from the law. At least in California you are, I go to Vegas and people do it there but it just seems weird, like all the indoor smoking. Everytime I got to Vegas I'm a hair away from telling someone, you can't smoke in here before I catch myself.

No flask here, but if I ever move to a place that has trains or long walks like Central Park it'd be Old Overholt Rye, Jamesons, or Makers.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someoneNew
lol8[1].gif

Yeah, you carry around an open container in the states and you're asking for trouble from the law. At least in California you are, I go to Vegas and people do it there but it just seems weird, like all the indoor smoking. Everytime I got to Vegas I'm a hair away from telling someone, you can't smoke in here before I catch myself.

No flask here, but if I ever move to a place that has trains or long walks like Central Park it'd be Old Overholt Rye, Jamesons, or Makers.

I think Vegas is an exception but I'm not absolutely sure that it's legal to walk around with open containers, but then again I've never seen anyone busted for it. I have seen a lot of people pulled over and arrested for having open containers in cars in Vegas though.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Bourbon... Generally Beam as its a pain to get Makers and Bookers here

I think Whiskey is the only acceptable thing to carry in a flask.

Possibly Brandy, but...

K

Preaching to the choir. No such thing as Maker's in Costa Rica. People at customs must laugh at my alcoholism for bringing a fresh 1.75L every time I fly back down here.

The stuff is simply delicious, not to mention I like the company's attitude towards treating their customers. I'm an ambassador, meaning I get all kinds of free goodies from them every few months: golf balls, christmas cards to send to other, drinking glasses, etc.

someoneNew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I think Vegas is an exception but I'm not absolutely sure that it's legal to walk around with open containers, but then again I've never seen anyone busted for it. I have seen a lot of people pulled over and arrested for having open containers in cars in Vegas though.

Haven't been since '99 but people were doing it then, and even I cruised the strip with an open beer bottle. Not sure if it's illegal either, just never seen anyone busted for it.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't keep liquor in my flask but rather fill it as needed for particular events and then with whatever suits the mood, although this is rarely anything other than good bourbon, scotch or a sipping rum.

I don't put anything inexpensive in a flask becuase I don't own any parituclarly inexpensive liquor. At a by-the-bottle price I find it sensible to spend a little extra and get exactly what I want. At the rate I go through a bottle (it takes quite a while) this is a sound investment. I also drink from my flask neat, and don't generally enjoy most inexpensive bourbons/whiskeys (beam white label, most blended scotch) that way.

A nip and a tuck of the Old Rip Van Winkle or Lagavulen 16 or Zaya on the other hand....

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
It seems more appropriate to put vodka in those.

Do they have any kind of insignia on them? I want one with just a plain hammer and sickle. I have one -- most likely a cheap repro made for tourists -- with the KGB arms which includes a star and some other symbols in addition to the hammer and sickle. The cap does have a bust of Lenin on it, though, which I rather like.

the ones I have I got within days of the wall going down - so I hope they were actually made for soldiers, and not tourists - and they have a simple hammer and sickle. now, it is hard to get them without an eleborate design.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I recall having this conversation before but it may just be deja vu. Would you care to sell me one of these flasks?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I recall having this conversation before but it may just be deja vu. Would you care to sell me one of these flasks?

sorry - but they are basically cheap pieces of tin with some memories. if I sold them to you for what they are worth to me, it woud be ripping you off. if I sold them to you for a reasonable value, I would miss them.

but, if I see some similar ones next time I am in eastern europe - I can get you some.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I forgot movies. Especially bad movies (purposefully or serendipitously). If/when I go see Snakes on a Plane, for example, you can bet I'll be flasking up some bourbon.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Water.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crown Royal.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I keep Delamain Pale & Dry Grande Champagne Cognac in my flask, which I carry in my brief case at all times.

Nice! I'll now be on ebay looking for an old flask and once I get it, I put some Hine old and rare in there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads