• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you put in your flask?

Willie5566

Reaction score
Guy's we need one or more SF approved flasks. People have been asking throughout but outside of some people smuggling them out of Russia or some **** there has not been anything people can get their hands on. I have a cheapo I picked up from Walmart on the way to a tailgate. I would like to upgrade.

I will throw out some for discussion:

This one is cool but expensive and probably not something you want to drink from:

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,2394520.html

Some regular "everyday" types:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=eianToKhIsLa0QGko6WmDg&ved=0CKsBEPMCMAU

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=eianToKhIsLa0QGko6WmDg&ved=0CLEBEPMCMAY

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/bar-accessories/checkered-blue-flask/s247335

Perhaps the winner:

http://www.ettinger.co.uk/shop-online/index.php/cPath/29_52/products_id/40

Glass lined flasks seem hard to come by.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a cheapo from Wal Mart as well, and while upgrading might be nice, I don't really use it often enough to spare. I'm certainly not ever gonna buy one for 100 pounds...

Willie5566

Reaction score

I have a cheapo from Wal Mart as well, and while upgrading might be nice, I don't really use it often enough to spare. I'm certainly not ever gonna buy one for 100 pounds...

Perhaps that is overkill. Still I worry about a cheapo Walmy leaching into my booze.

I dig that Crate and Barrel one

Yea that one is pretty good. Might run out there this week.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Can't wait to get your review.

Willie5566

Reaction score
Bump

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My bad Willie, I completely forgot about this thread. I ended up picking up the Crate and Barrel flask. First off, its purple, not blue. The green looks like puke so don't even bother with that one. Its fairly large and seems pretty sturdy. If you can get around the color it seems like it would be worth the money.

Willie5566

Reaction score
That sucks. Actually looks black on the website...wtf?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That sucks. Actually looks black on the website...wtf?

Well, in the dark, it looks black/navy blue. Under the light, you can see the metallic purpleness.

Willie5566

Reaction score

Well, in the dark, it looks black/navy blue. Under the light, you can see the metallic purpleness.

Just bought one today. So far I am only seeing navy blue. Have not spent a lot of time with it yet though. Is there a plastic film that came on yours? The outside of it looks and feel like there might be some kind of plastic on it but I cannot see whee it can be lifted up. I don't want to damage it only to find out that there is no plastic.

Have you had a chance to use it yet? Mine will be seeing heavy use in about 2 weeks for Michigan-OSU game.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just bought one today. So far I am only seeing navy blue. Have not spent a lot of time with it yet though. Is there a plastic film that came on yours? The outside of it looks and feel like there might be some kind of plastic on it but I cannot see whee it can be lifted up. I don't want to damage it only to find out that there is no plastic.
Have you had a chance to use it yet? Mine will be seeing heavy use in about 2 weeks for Michigan-OSU game.

I suppose it depends on the lighting. Check it again under some fluorescent lights. Haven't had a chance to use mine. Let me know what you think once you do.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump for an older thread. I recently lost mine, and just in time for cold weather....
I'm now looking for a new one. I can't stand captive tops, I find them an eyesore. I'm now debating between finding an old leather bound glass one for the looks, or a newer slim one; mostly because it feels I carry enough around, and a sleek steel one could look quite nice, without the added bulk.

I'm a Jamesons whiskey guy myself, though I'm partial to a Bourbon every now and then. If I had money though, I'd keep it filled with Johnny Walker Green Label, easily my favourite Scotch.... but Jameson's is a cheap Irish whiskey that does the trick.

Edit: This is one I'm debating now. I usually try to buy good things that last a long time, but this hits a nice middle ground: http://www.gabrielross.com/bar-and-wine-85/tools-858/blomus-gents-hip-flask-tall-4666.html

Last edited:

Willie5566

Reaction score
Meh...I guess it depends on what YOU want. Personally I would not want a tall flask. Mine fits in any pocket without sticking out. I think the ability to conceal it is highly desirable. I also think that it is too plain and simple. I really like the one I bought from Crate and Barrel. It's about half the price of yours. Your call though. Get what you like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads