• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you own from DUNHILL?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand is too expensive (but during sales you can find some good bargains).

So I picked up =

1) 1 pair of lamb/cashmere gloves (50%) = VERY NICE
2) 1 grey knitted cashmere scarf (53%) = VERY NICE
3) 1 navy woven cashmere scarf (60%) = NICE
4) 8 pairs of cufflinks (around 50% for most of them) = NICE
5) 1 belt + 2 buckles (40%+80%) = NICE
6) 1 beige turtle neck cashmere jumper (75%) = VERY NICE
7) 1 blue turtle neck cashmere jumper (75%) = NICE
8) 1 small leather travel bag (65%) = Good but heavy

And you? What were your discounts?

cuffthis

Reaction score
Dunhill "popper cufflinks" in sterling and enamel. I am a collector of this type of American snap cufflinks from the 1920's. Dunhill was the first contemporary company to have produced replicas of these types of cufflinks. I heard about them from fellow cufflink collectors and flipped out. I paid full retail ($295) for a pair. Ends up they didn't sell well and were quickly discontinued. They show up on Ebay now and can be easiliy found for $40 or less.

No pride in overpaying.......................sob

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A PoW or glen plaid (can't remember) super 100s soft worsted jacket, 3 roll 2 button, full canvas, made in Italy - $10 (thrift shop) very nice.

Dunhill gold 'unique' lighter. - $0 (gift) also very nice.

I like Dunhill's stuff, just don't find much of it.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing. When their Heritage Store goes out of business, as it certainly will, I will be there to mop up. For the moment, their shirts and ties as sold in the were not the equal of Hilditch; now that Richard James is "consulting" on their shirts, ties and tailoring I _may_ have a look. He's definitely too into the Persuaders though. Otherwise Dunhill has only stood out to me as a wannabe but not quite ueberpremium (sic) brand, expertly copied for its logo. Reversible belts with the d logo, you know the type.

They _do_ make some gorgeous stuff. They only have one store in the US now and there's nothing I need or want enough from there to pay full retail.

I don't like most of their cufflinks for the toggle backs. I think that breaks some rule that Manton would defend. I certainly would.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poulsen Skone for Dunhill chocolate brown suede monkstraps at 70% off. And a tie at full retail. Very happy with both items.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double-breasted midnight blue tuxedo - gorgeous

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy 120s blazer (SB) made by Zegna. Not bad at all, but I'm probably resentful that I paid the excessive full price. Wallet and credit card case-nicely made with good leather, in Italy. Don't see the Dunhill name as anything that distinctive-except I remember that the little gold lighter (lost many years ago) and the pipes with the white dots (remember my straight grain) were special.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunhill "popper cufflinks" in sterling and enamel. I am a collector of this type of American snap cufflinks from the 1920's. Dunhill was the first contemporary company to have produced replicas of these types of cufflinks. I heard about them from fellow cufflink collectors and flipped out. I paid full retail ($295) for a pair. Ends up they didn't sell well and were quickly discontinued. They show up on Ebay now and can be easiliy found for $40 or less.

No pride in overpaying.......................sob
Have you got a pic of them?

What is "popper" ?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this your label of the moment?

What happened to Turnbull & Asser?

Or was it Hilditch & Key?

Not of the moment. I picked up my first cufflinks at 60 euros 4 years ago. I just found some good discount these sales (2 scarves+2 jumpers) so this brand was in my head these days.

I was been obsessed by H&K 6 months ago but now I have got 33 H&K. This is enough.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One candy striped dress shirt with cutaway collar and two ties

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A cigarette case that I bought 15 or 20 years ago.

a sterling silver unique lighter.

tobacco pouch, blk leather

aybojs

Reaction score
I have a black 6 on 1 double breasted tuxedo and a grayish herringbone/tweed type blazer with red and navy windowpanes. Both of them are great pieces. The latter I got during StyleStudent's Christmas giveaway, so if there's anything special I'm missing I'm sure he would know better than I.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US = only 1 shop in NYC .......

France = only Paris = 1 shop + 1 small corner at Gallery Lafayette + 1 small corner at Old England + 1 outlet (not pointed out on their website....)

UK = 1 shop + 2/3 small corners in departement stores + 1 outlet shop

Japan = more than 20 shops..................

They are only alive because of Japan.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have their new cologne, I like it a lot. My Dad has a few of their turtlenecks and they are beautiful. And yes, the company was rescused from financial disaster by the Japanese obession for brand name luxury goods.

A.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics