• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you know about Bob Marley, reggae, cannabis, marihuana?

MrGunjMan_

Reaction score
Robert Nesta Marley, OM (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981), better known as Bob Marley, was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He is the most widely known performer of reggae music, and is famous for having popularized the genre outside Jamaica. A faithful Rastafari, Marley is regarded by many as a prophet of the religion, as well as one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

Reggae is a music genre developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s.

Cannabis (marihuana) is a genus of flowering plant that includes one or more species. The plant is believed to have originated in the mountainous regions just north-west of the Himalayas in India, though it could also have come from Northern Africa. It is also known as hemp, although this term usually refers to varieties of cannabis cultivated for non-drug use. As a drug it usually comes in the form of dried flowers (marijuana), resin (hashish), or various extracts collectively referred to as hash oil.

More:

We must know more!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
spam and weed. i like it!!

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGunjMan_
Robert Nesta Marley, OM (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981), better known as Bob Marley, was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He is the most widely known performer of reggae music, and is famous for having popularized the genre outside Jamaica. A faithful Rastafari, Marley is regarded by many as a prophet of the religion, as well as one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

Reggae is a music genre developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s.

Cannabis (marihuana) is a genus of flowering plant that includes one or more species. The plant is believed to have originated in the mountainous regions just north-west of the Himalayas in India, though it could also have come from Northern Africa. It is also known as hemp, although this term usually refers to varieties of cannabis cultivated for non-drug use. As a drug it usually comes in the form of dried flowers (marijuana), resin (hashish), or various extracts collectively referred to as hash oil.

More:

We must know more!

Wilson Brother????????????????? Just curious!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It wasn't until I read this post that I knew of any link between Bob Marley, reggae and marijuana!

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use chalk to draw the dinosaur.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think bob marley sucks, but that's just my opinion

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I think bob marley sucks, but that's just my opinion

Apparently, he not only sucked, but also inhaled.

cuffthis

Reaction score
I live 4 blocks from where Bob resided with his mother when he lived in Delaware c. 1970. Bob worked at the Chrysler plant in Newark, DE as well as the Hotel DuPont.

I have also been to the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, JA. They have converted Bob's residence into a museum there. 56 Hope St. is literally 4 houses down the street from the Prime Minister's official government residence. How crazy is it to have the leader of the Rastafarian movement, with its blatant use of ganja located less than 100 yards from the leadership of your country?

Don't get me wrong, I love Jamaica and its people. I almost moved there before we opened our wine bar.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
Wilson Brother????????????????? Just curious!
My thoughts exactly.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGunjMan_

More:

We must know more!

It appears to have been first cultivated in the Hindu Kush but thats not the same thing as were it originated. Primitive man seems to have cleaned his weed all over the planet its on all the continents, including antarctica. The seeds have been discarded everywhere. Cannabis Indica has much larger seeds that resist falling from thier calyx (I think thats how you spell it) and tend to be shorter, stouter and heavier yielding, an indication of longterm human intervention in marijuana mating decisions. More resin production too. Cannabis sativa and cannabis indica are the fun ones. There is also, in addition to hemp, a cannabis ruderalis that grows wild in the siberian steppes- crappy THC content but possibly useful in breeding because of its early, fast and furious flowering cycle.

Spam tastes great when you are stoned, but like those profound thoughts you took the time to scribble in a notebook - or on the style forum-, when examined in the sober light of day it appears somewhat disturbing and your prior enthusiasm for it just a little bit embarrassing.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Why am I not surprised...

Because I've publicly stated that I don't like hippies?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40