• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you keep in your office (or undisclosed location)?

RichmondStyle

Reaction score
Where did your wife hide your testicles? If you're not man enough to say "I'm going to buy X', then you don't deserve to have it.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RichmondStyle
Where did your wife hide your testicles? If you're not man enough to say "I'm going to buy X', then you don't deserve to have it.
Wow. Thks for make me realizing that I'm not man enough to be in the same forum with you. You're both helpful and a role model. This thread was meant for lesser man, so thks for your "macho" contribution and excuse me for bugging you in your cave while your chewing your raw meat.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my household, it's generally the other way around -- my wife tries to see how much she can slip into her closet without me noticing.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get my purchases delivered to my office for convenience; it prevents me from having to go pick up a parcel at the Post Office or go to UPS/FedEx/Purolator because I was at work when they tried to deliver during weekdays. My gf really doesn't mind my shopping habits (most of my shopping is done online, including ebay) because I usually score great deals and often find some nice things for her as well!

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A change of clothes for the office & for drinks after.
Photos of other women
Phone numbers/notes from other women
Booze in my office bar

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I had a problem. I currently have a pair of Shell plaintoes, CJ monks, and a watch at work.

There was this dude whose wife wouldn't let him eat meat, he hid beef jerky at his desk so his wife wouldn't know. If I get to that stage, shoot me.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Wow, I thought I had a problem. I currently have a pair of Shell plaintoes, CJ monks, and a watch at work.

There was this dude whose wife wouldn't let him eat meat, he hid beef jerky at his desk so his wife wouldn't know. If I get to that stage, shoot me.

LOL. Yeah, I have a huge problem.

I dont know why I go into this wild buying spree, but maybe it was motivated by a combination of getting a bonus and promotion at work, those deals I keep founding (everything cost me about USD400-500) and the need of a new wardrobe for my new position. I distibuted most of the bonus with my wife, my little girl, and the savings plan but I don't want the "you have too much... (watches, shoes, sportcoats, shirts, etc)" fight.., specially after the other non-stealth purchases (more shoes, jeans, sportcoats).

I'm planning to surface the items during the following year and my new year resolution is "only buy when really, really, really need" (but this year is not over yet
smile.gif
)

As for food, I concur. If I get to that stage, I'll also ask someone to put me out of my misery.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Really? You can't let her know? Because you can't afford it or because she is not understanding of your "passion" for clothing?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just untruth about how much my stuff cost me. I love my $200 Valextra and $175 EGs!! The $150 Weymouths were an okay deal but not as good as my new $10 rabbit lined deerskin gloves.
devil.gif

It's funny because I really do find deals like that. Just not all the time.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only twist of truth I might say is when something arrives, I say I bought it to sell at a profit.

Now, I might be planning to wear it for 6 months first and then sell it, but that's what I say sometimes.

The odd thing is, I have very few clothing items from say, a year ago. I sold it all and moved onto other things. its just an endless cycle.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
If she knows the truth then she is entitled to her version of "$175" Edward Greens, right?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think most guys nag about purchases the way women do. It's probably because girls expect gifts, and guys don't. When a guy buys himself something, that's less money left for the girl. When a girl buys something for herself, what does the guy care.

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Really? You can't let her know? Because you can't afford it or because she is not understanding of your "passion" for clothing?
Because she doesn't understand the "passion" (obsession?) and because I feel a little guilty of expending... you know, recession and sh*t

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I get my purchases delivered to my office for convenience; it prevents me from having to go pick up a parcel at the Post Office or go to UPS/FedEx/Purolator because I was at work when they tried to deliver during weekdays. My gf really doesn't mind my shopping habits (most of my shopping is done online, including ebay) because I usually score great deals and often find some nice things for her as well!

wait until gf becomes wife...

1 or 2 "great deals" pass, but 16 of them...

luckily christmas is coming and some of the items gonna become gifts (some "from me to me")

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics