• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you keep in each pocket to produce a cool fade?

tljenkin

Reaction score
Coins in the coin pocket (weird, I know), chap stick, snuff? Just interested in everyones' preferences.

prozach1576

Reaction score
I think putting stuff in your pocket just for fades is kind of silly. I've got a slight fade on my back right pocket from the clip on my money clip, but not much else.

bike756

Reaction score
I know a guy who has a fade from his ti89 calculator. one of those huge ones, that he keeps in his front pocket.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
Coins in the coin pocket (weird, I know), chap stick, snuff? Just interested in everyones' preferences.

Be careful with the chapstick... could be mistaken for a tampon fade.

tljenkin

Reaction score
Well I don't do any of those things personally. I'm just getting into the quality denim game. I was wondering what everyone on here has done in the past that intentionally, or unintentionally, produced a cool fade.

For the record, I was referring to the chap stick that comes in the circular can... Don't have any clue why I put 'stick' in there.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I don't do any of those things personally. I'm just getting into the quality denim game. I was wondering what everyone on here has done in the past that intentionally, or unintentionally, produced a cool fade.

For the record, I was referring to the chap stick that comes in the circular can... Don't have any clue why I put 'stick' in there.

Ah, well Chap Stick is a trademarked name. The generic name is just lip balm.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contact lens case in the 5th pocket.

savage

Reaction score
Keys (house/ car) in back right pocket // Cell in back left // Money up front..

I don't find that any items per say create a unique fade, but create a more worn out look. I also don't do it for the perfect fade, but if I could fit a ti89 in my front pocket I certinly would!! ;0

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A TI 92 would be even better
biggrin.gif
!

atroopan

Reaction score
Fingers - the finger fade works well, but you have to keep your hands inside you pockets anytime you wear jeans. This can become a nuisance
lookaround.gif

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score

for the last time, denim is not a game.
devil.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this would be the most badass fade combo:
Back 1: wallet
Back 2: Cope
Front left: keys
Front right: folding knife
Coin pocket: Zippo

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
I think putting stuff in your pocket just for fades is kind of silly.
+1 With that being said, my jeans are normally too tight for me to fit anything other than a wallet or cellphone in my back pockets. Oh, and a key clip or wallet chain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads