• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you heathens do around this time of year?

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
For those not observing a religious tradition, what do you guys do with all this free time?
smile.gif

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I was hoping for something a little more decadent.

Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Go to lots of parties and drink prodigiously, meet random women and photograph random strangers. Basically, the things I always do.

awxg

Reaction score
I celebrate Christmas in a non-traditional way with friends and family except we don't call it Christmas.

Potluck, gifts, and karaoke.
laugh.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a tree and put lights and ornaments on it. Exchange gifts. All the "normal" stuff. But we call it a winter solstice celebration (or whatever other name comes to mind).

It's a great excuse to buy stuff for others.

b

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Get a tree and put lights and ornaments on it. Exchange gifts. All the "normal" stuff. But we call it a winter solstice celebration (or whatever other name comes to mind).

It's a great excuse to buy stuff for others.

b

We do this, except we call it "Christmas." Sometimes we even dress up and go to a Church, parading as Christians. It's a little like Halloween.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
The cliched chinese food and a movie with the family...maybe we'll try Indian this year.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonfires, to bring back the sun.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Bonfires, to bring back the sun.

we char a whole cow carcass and sup the blood from gilded chalices.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just celebrate "Christmas" since it's only vaguely a religious holiday anyway.

X-Calibre

Reaction score
Attempt to buy clothing at retail outlets on deep discount in order to spread holiday cheer.

Mr T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I just celebrate "Christmas" since it's only vaguely a religious holiday anyway.

+1

A secular Christmas celebration is really that hard to grasp? We exchange gifts, eat good food and spend time with family and friends. We even discuss our hopes for peace in the world if only religious fanatics would stop trying to kill each other.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mom is making me attend Christmas mass. I told her I guess I would go, but I wouldn't partake in communion as I no longer consider myself a practicing Catholic. She hates when I say that
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads