• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys want?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very general here guys. Is there anything in the clothing and accessory market that you guys want, but can't get because of availability, price, etc?

We have v-necks, henleys, lightweight pants and shorts coming your way but is there anything else? Any types of bags maybe? We can get really nice canvas and we have made a few bags before, so we can do this...

We also may have tracked down a leather worker, so is there anything on the leather front you guys are looking for? Wallets, belts, etc?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Very general here guys. Is there anything in the clothing and accessory market that you guys want, but can't get because of availability, price, etc?

We have v-necks, henleys, lightweight pants and shorts coming your way but is there anything else? Any types of bags maybe? We can get really nice canvas and we have made a few bags before, so we can do this...

We also may have tracked down a leather worker, so is there anything on the leather front you guys are looking for? Wallets, belts, etc?

slim fit button up shirts ala Band of Outsiders for affordable prices? heh

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm just going to assume you're gonna do some plain tshirts with your great cut with and without some ben krell designs (even if you pick 2-3 designs of his and "mass produce" it if he doesn't mind).

Are you going to continue to do polos like last year? I wouldn't mind a polo, but it's hard for me to find a polo i can wear and not look like a random frat guy. Living on a college campus with one of the biggest greek lives in the nation kinda sucks. I can never feel terribly comfortable in RL polos or anything. I'm gonna look around and see if i can see any cool polo colors and/or designs that would result in a good look consistant with the other clothes most people wear here.

I agree that slim fit dress shirts, or even casual button ups made of that great cotton you get. I'm not a big fan of the thin, weird material dress shirts like h&m. I rarely in a situation where i need to tuck my shirt in, so i'm a fan of soft collars and medium to short length.

S/S and L/S button ups in interesting prints would be cool. I don't know anything about how hard it is, but western type wear is always popular around here/sufu. I only have 2 plaid/western shirts right now that i like rolling the sleeves up on and wearing sans undershirt now that it's in the 80s sometimes in florida.

I don't know enough about wallets, belts and bags to know what to ask for, but i'm confident that enough people around here are, so i can take advantage of their knowledge.

What a ******* thread. I haven't seen anything cooler in a long time. "What clothes do you want me to make for you with great fit and construction?" I don't know how you do it, but thanks. I can't wait for all the summer stuff listed that i can finally wear with this florida weather.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blank
those of us who want more than H&M quality but can't pay band of outsiders or seize sur vingt prices.
Or don't want to wait seven months for Jantzen. +1 for slim fit dress shirts. I'd personally like to see classic pattern fabrics, a decent length tail, and a soft collar.

moosy

Reaction score
+1 for a slim fitting shirt and it would be nice to see a nice (not too large) messenger canvas bag.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the slim fitting dress shirts. No pocket design. Longer shirt tails - most slim fitting shirts at H&M have shorter shirt tails that come untucked too often, since a lot of buyers are probably intending to wear them untucked. Conservative patterns/solids, with some modern/contemporary designs. I'd love a slim fitting houndstooth or gingham shirt. Organic cotton would be cool.

I can never find a decent messenger bag. Since MJK is all about simple designs, I'd like to see a messenger bag similar to the Jack Spade ones, in a waxed or unwaxed canvas, and sturdier hardware (brass or brushed stainless steel) and strap, possibly in leather or suede. Tan, charcoal, dark brown, black and natural. I'd buy a tan or natural one if it was around $100. Hemp or organic cotton would be something I'd be willing to pay for.

Slim fitting long sleeve western shirts?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thong underwear?
marchal.gif

Not so interested in the wallets and belts, since there are plenty of options out there.

raley

Reaction score
I would be interested in dress shirts, but only (for me at least) if you can make a bigger neck with a smaller body as a sort of extra price MTM thing. After summer I would really be interested in some heavier coats, like a duffel or m65 or something like that. I already have a peacoat, but I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested in that as well.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Raw leather belts. I wanna break on in so bad.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seconded on both the slimmer-fitting dress shirts and the belt.

nick123

Reaction score
3rd some slim fit lighter material shirts and simple tees.

CoryB

Reaction score
Slim-fitting dress shirts are high on my list. Bags would also be good; I'm been on a search for a long time and haven't found anything reasonably priced that I like. If you have someone to do knitwear, I would be interested in slim-fitting sweaters, especially v-necks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Great thread.

I want NICE short sleeve Ts in mercerized or pima cotton that won't fade like typical pos shirts. I am willing to pay more b/c of this and nobody does basics better than krell. Going to wear my awesome fitting black L/S krell T after I shower up.

alterion

Reaction score
wow this is what the internet is all about, has someone been reading the cluetrain anyway + 1 on the shirts (provided they stylish) altogh as a caveat I think these would sell less well on SUFU ect than they would here, we are a pretty high class bunch for streetwear here ( pprobably because of the "other" forum above us
biggrin.gif
). I love comme des garcons shirts, but i can't afford the prices
biggrin.gif
Leather Belts with nice looking, minmalist buckels aswell, but really i have most of the clothes i need atm
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads