• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys want for Spring??

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We really don't have anything set in stone besides offering our pants in a lighter weight in lighter colors and a lightweight rain coat.

Specific garments, but also a general direction would help out. Do you guys want to play with proportions a little more or is skinny/slim still the way you guys want to go. Colors, fabrics, etc?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing really comes to mind except the basics. For instance, nice slim fitting tapered polos (nothing special, just good fit + quality) and nice tapered shorts that hit slightly at/above the knee.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We also have short sleeve buttondowns planned as well. And post some pics of the shorts you want. How tight is too tight?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like shorts cut exactly as pants are, but you know, right above the knee. I don't want shorts that are tighter than pants should fit, though. I know people here don't like Theory but I personally dig these shorts:
0440109563462_275x275.jpg
Khakis, grays, and light blues I think are pretty standard...perhaps pinstripes? I would love to see a cardigan or two, maybe a light basic one and a heavier, more detailed or unusual one. I second solid, basic polos, way too hard to find these days. How do you think a bamboo scarf would work out?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well-made, slim-fitting shorts would be welcome.

Adam24

Reaction score
+1 on the polos.

- Slim fit all-around
- Short (to be worn un-tucked: hitting right at/below the belt line)
- Solid colours

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am the happy owner of an MJK green bamboo t-shirt. It's exactly the right length for me. Make it with moar colors and you'll attract similar AA defectors.

Ozarks

Reaction score
I'd love to see a nice light jacket. I've got one in my closet, and it's nice being able to layer in california spring/summers without worrying if you'll be sweltering in 20 minutes.

givemefive

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam24
+1 on the polos. - Slim fit all-around - Short (to be worn un-tucked: hitting right at/below the belt line) - Solid colours
The import thing about a polo meant to be worn untucked is the shirt tail hem. Excuse me if I don't know the vocabulary but the front and back hem must not be split too deeply and must be equal in length. Also the bottom must not plum out or stretch out and must hug the waist. If a polo had this quality and the collar and sleeves were not too weird I would most certainly buy it.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
I am the happy owner of an MJK green bamboo t-shirt. It's exactly the right length for me. Make it with moar colors and you'll attract similar AA defectors.
+1. Expand the color selection (and perhaps offer discounts on buying multiple Ts at once), and you would supplant AA as my t-shirt supplier.

MortyGras

Reaction score
A basic white, slim, short shirt in an interesting fabric-mix. Linnen, bamboo, hemp, sugar cane, weaved white gold etc.
And remember the wooden buttons.

davo10375

Reaction score
- White linen shirts
- Linen or cotton navy pants (cut to about the ankle ala thom browne)
- Cardigans? I think this could work well with the rest of your line..
- Singlets ala rick owens/julius style but on the cheap.. if thats possible heh.
- Tri-colour shirts?

just suggestions...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
We also have short sleeve buttondowns planned as well. And post some pics of the shorts you want. How tight is too tight?

I would say a similar fit to a slim-fit/straight leg jean. As in it tapers around the knee but is in no way skin tight with plenty of room to move. The picture provided is actually pretty nice in terms of fit (not sure on color/material though).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads