• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what do you guys think of these shoes?

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are badass, too expensive for me tho. you can get a pair similar to those, Puma First Round iirc for like $70

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
20% off with the coupon

pibbs

Reaction score
30% for me; it would be my first purchase
laugh.gif

vanity

Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't buy into this "<Trendy Designer for> <Regular Brand>" system? PUMA has taken this way overboard. They have shoes bouncing over $300 on their websites, just b/c some "Japanese dude only 3 people have heard of" designed them. And with just my opinion, they're all really, really ugly. (Hear that, Puma? Your designer collections are ****.) I really don't care who designed them. PUMA isn't worth more than $100. Tom Ford could stop by WalMart and design new Wranglers....but they're still Wranglers. And they aren't worth anymore than the sticker price just b/c some guest-host decided to stop by and pump some creativity into a stagnant brand. Final rant...if I was a PUMA designer and they brought on 4 different lines from other designers and decided to sell them at 4-5x regular prices, I'd be fuming. In fact, I'd probably quit on spot. It's like hiring a CEO to develop a company and then being like "Oh, we're gonna hire 4 more CEOs too b/c they have different visions. And we can charge more! TEE HEE!" GTFO. I QUIT.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Y-3 that I like and bought heavily discounted. I think a lot of the designers get too crazy with their stuff, at least for me. I think some of the Pumas actually look pretty decent also, the more conservative ones. The ones linked aren't bad, but not quite my style.

I'm not sure how the quality of say... Y-3 compares to normal addidas (and the same for the puma brands). Anyone know? Either way, exclusivity has a price.

Max

Reaction score
I would totally wear those, but don't spend more than $80 on shoes as a general lifestyle policy.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
Am I the only one who doesn't buy into this "<Trendy Designer for> <Regular Brand>" system?

PUMA has taken this way overboard. They have shoes bouncing over $300 on their websites, just b/c some "Japanese dude only 3 people have heard of" designed them. And with just my opinion, they're all really, really ugly. (Hear that, Puma? Your designer collections are ****.)

I really don't care who designed them. PUMA isn't worth more than $100. Tom Ford could stop by WalMart and design new Wranglers....but they're still Wranglers. And they aren't worth anymore than the sticker price just b/c some guest-host decided to stop by and pump some creativity into a stagnant brand.

Final rant...if I was a PUMA designer and they brought on 4 different lines from other designers and decided to sell them at 4-5x regular prices, I'd be fuming. In fact, I'd probably quit on spot. It's like hiring a CEO to develop a company and then being like "Oh, we're gonna hire 4 more CEOs too b/c they have different visions. And we can charge more! TEE HEE!"

GTFO. I QUIT.

This means Marc Jacobs x Vans and John Varvatos x Converse are ***** too.

vanity

Reaction score
Whole heartedly agree. But thats just view.

ninjapie

Reaction score
I'd wear them, but I wouldn't spend my own money on them.

Halifamous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theshonen8899
This means Marc Jacobs x Vans and John Varvatos x Converse are ***** too.
Also Marc Jacobs x Wrangler...

someoneNew

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the retro 80s Nike/Basketball how thing going on, but even with that in mind those are the best color of this kind of shoe that I've seen. Hard to go wrong with an offwhite like that.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max
I would totally wear those, but don't spend more than $80 on shoes as a general lifestyle policy.
That is the one place where I do not skimp. You do not want to wear badly made crap on your feet, you'll pay for it in the short term with ankle problems, soreness and blisters and possibly long term with back trouble. I have run the gamout of limb and back and blister trouble so I am very selective with shoes and socks. Considering the fact that I used to walk miles on end constantly just to get around, often in high heat, I have become a lot more likely to spend a decent chunk on shoes. Then again, price is not always equal to comfort and value for money. Cheap shoes that fall apart is not necessarily that much better than expensive shoes that wear only a little more and fall apart. As far as I see, $154 is ridiculous for those - brand image alone. 20% off is more reasonable but not my thing. If you like them though... P.s. Oh and as I have mentioned before I really don't get the whole Converse/Vans/MJ/JV crap. I am still waiting for a reasonable explanation from my wife on their allure - she had so many of the damn things that she sold off to a second hand place more than half a dozen pairs and the damn things are still everywhere in our bedroom...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads