• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys think of these Rockport shoes?

Jay687

Reaction score
I will be getting AE's in near future, but don't have the money to spend on them right now. I need dress shoes though (for business casual, not suit) and liked the look of these. I'll be walking through NYC to work as well, so felt the rubber soles would be good.

Unlike everything else in existence in lower price range, these don't have square toes... which is great.

ROCK062410_145025.main.jpg

1072550-p-DETAILED.jpg

Opinions?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much will they cost you?
You can get AE seconds for less than a $100.

Jay687

Reaction score
The black, $50, the dark brown, $70.

And where can I find AE seconds for under $100? And I'm a small size (7), which has made searching for deals on things like ebay and what not hard. I'd assume it could be similar with the seconds thing. But lemme know where seconds can be had...

k4kick

Reaction score
I'd say they look really smart for Rockports and would be perfect for wearing in the environment that you describe. Do you know which model they are?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. As far as rockports go, those look decent enough. And in the future, after you have bought your nicer shoes, you can have a shoe to wear when it rains or snows and still look good.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
I have to agree. As far as rockports go, those look decent enough. And in the future, after you have bought your nicer shoes, you can have a shoe to wear when it rains or snows and still look good.
The rain/snow beater is rarely addressed. I assume its because most of our more esteemed members have their man carry them from house to car, and from car to desk.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for much of my twenties I wore rockports, perfectly good shoe, hard wearing and comfortable. don't let the haters get you down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads