1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you guys think of these Cole Haans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Dec 2, 2004.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Distinguished Member

I'm not a big fan of Cole Haan.  However, I have been looking for a casual shoe that is a bit more dressy than a sneaker (adidas, puma, etc.).  I hate Steve Maddens and the like.  I like the Prada sneakers, but I am not willing to pay that much for a shoe that I probably won't wear two years from now.  So I am thinking of purchasing a pair of these  Cole Haans.  Any opinions?

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I had those exact shoes as pictured in black for quite a while, maybe 6 months. I returned them as they never really fit quite right and I wasn't using them anymore, as sometimes they would make an embarrassing squeak noise from behind my heel. It was just the fit, though, not the construction. I had grown tired of their "fashion-forwardness" however. They are very comfortable, made in India, the leather is not too bad but not the greatest either. If you like the style and aren't worried about the price, which is about $50-60 too much for what they are IMO, go for it. At the time I bought them, that was the only Cole Haan with the Nike Air that didn't look like it was designed in space in the 23rd-and-a-halfth century. Also, some of the other colors look a lot better, IMO. I like this one a lot more than the black.

3. scnupe7

You know J, I like that color also and I was having a hard time deciding between that color and the black. I thought the black might be a bit more versatile for casual wear.

4. Aaron

Aaron Distinguished Member

Sorry, if they were all white they would look exactly like AND 1 basketball shoes that my friends used to wear in high school. And I agree with CTGuy, the whole sneaker/shoe thing is a bit tired.

Aaron

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Word. Do not half ass it.

6. scnupe7

Alright. Point taken. No Cole Haans for me.

7. Eric

Eric Senior Member

Who's idea was it to put the air bubble in a dress shoe anyway?[​IMG]? Eric

8. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

if you are going to buy them, call me and i will give you a 15% discount....cool shoe

9. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Distinguished Member

Nike owns Cole-Haan. Some of the Nike Air Cole-Haan shoes are better looking than others, but none are spectacular specimens of shoe design, and none suitable for anything more formal than business casual-type clothing. That said, I own a pair. They are comfortable as hell, but somewhere between "merely unappealing" and "brutally ugly" on the style scale. I'm wearing them right now. Because some days my feet hurt, I know practically nobody will see my (to paraphrase OJ Simpson) ugly-ass shoes, and so I let function trump form.

10. Josh

Josh Member

They let you return them after 6 months?

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Nordstrom baby. Gotta love it.