What do you guys think of not wearing a watch?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dapperdoctor, Jun 21, 2012.

1. raalltheway

raalltheway Member

Loads of people wear watches just for time. Yeah people like to have stylish watches and expensive watches but the same can be said for shoes. We all (nearly all) need to wear shoes but some people choose to get fashionable ones and spend a lot of money on them. Its not simply a piece of jewellery (jewelry). Long live the watches!!

2. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

Have always worn a watch - feel nude without one. But it really isn't that big a deal. How do you know the time if you don't though? Unless you're one of those fannies who won't leave their mobile phone alone for more than a minute and always puts it ostentatiously on the table in the pub, that is.

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Not always a good idea, especially when your precious iPhone 4S goes swimming in a puddle of Yanjing Beer.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I never wear a watch.

Sent from my Sony Android SmartWatch.

5. Ondina

Ondina New Member

I haven't wore one for over two decades but I've just been looking into a daily watch. It's prefectly fine not wearing a watch, although a well chosen one adds up to the image.

6. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Life is pain.

Situations where my phone is not in my pocket are also likely to be situations where I don't care about what time it is, so watches are just jewelery to me. In my office I can see the time on 3 different devices without turning my head. I think I can safely spare myself the tan line.

7. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior member

:lol:

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

Seems an odd thing to suggest but your choice, however inconvenient. Just don't expect everyone to be willing to tell you the time.

9. Calder

Calder Senior member

When was the last time you weren't within eyeshot of half a dozen or more devices which could tell you what time it was?

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I do.

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

This. I like to be able to just look at my wrist to tell the time, rather than having to pull my phone out my pocket. Also, using a phone to tell the time is kinda like wearing a graphic t-shirt; it serves it's purpose but it has no class.

12. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I do wear a watch for time because I am using a shitty phone, the one which don't show time on display but only in the system.

Expensive watches does worth the money, when you can pass on to the next generation and they definitely will wear it. Unlike many another things which needs a lot of money to maintain

13. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

I only wear one with short sleeves. If I wear long sleeves, what is the point? I look at my cellphone for the time, and I have to do the "flick & check" for anyone to even know I'm wearing a watch.

14. Rolex Luthor

Rolex Luthor Senior member

The point is that extending your arm and discreetly pulling back your sleeve to glimpse a classic wristwatch is a much more elegant movement than fishing around in your pocket (or, God forbid, your belt-mounted holster) for a mobile phone.

15. Archivist

Archivist Senior member

This is the most compelling argument against wearing a watch I have seen so far.