1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of Loake shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iroh, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Dankeschon

Dankeschon New Member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. wojt

wojt Senior member

it's okay to me, not classic so it won't get approved on this site personally i like other loake styles more chester, worton, cannon etc. Also i think it's worth in this case to spend 50pounds more and get something from 1880 line, I wouldn't pay full retail for loake design.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  3. Welted

Welted New Member

I just came across this thread as a visitor, after my Google search sent me here.

Wasn't too impressed at one poster calling another's post "stupid". And this from a senior member too.

Is that the impression you want visitors like me to get? Would you say that to him in person?

4. pete145

pete145 New Member

I have purchased online Loake Royal Brogues in burgundy for 154 £ a few weeks ago after I tried them in Loake's physical shop in London.
    I wore them 8 to 10 times and felt an excruciating pain on the side of my left foot.
    I went to see several shoemakers who explained that the shoes were poorly built and that there was nothing to do except to try adding a Heel-piece. Despite that I'am still not able to wear them.

5. The gentle man

The gentle man New Member

I find Loake superb and hard wearing whilst maintaining that classic look. I have many brands of shoes but hand on heart have to say that Loake for handmade shoes are simply the best value for money though currently not the most fanciful in differing design. I know 2017 is going to be a new year for Loake with an even higher quality about to hit the shelves of shoe stores who know how good they are, but will really up the ante on classic English hand made styles

6. craigT

craigT New Member

I just recently purchased two pairs of LOAKE shoes 3-12-16 from the LEEDS store when I got them home one pair was not what it said on the box! Wrong size and the first pair was quite tight so we returned to the LEEDS store to explain what had happened the Scottish shop assistant was quite rude and said we don't give refunds but you can have a credit note ! No option of help We said we have just spent £420 on
    shoes and that's your answer he disappeared down stairs and came back refunded both pairs and said "don't ever come back here again" my wife was so upset and crying because of the way she had been spoken to, So the Scottish shop assistant in LOAKE SHOES AT THE LEEDS STORE NEEDS TRAINING IN CUSTOMER CARE ! never again will I go to LOAKE SHOES AGAIN AND WILL TEL AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CAN