• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you guys think about this tie?

faisal.100

Reaction score
I was interested in buying this tie. Would this tie go well with a light blue shirt? As well, would you guys wear it?
dsc0003c.jpg

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Animal Thug
That tie was invented to be worn with the most obnoxious combination of contrast/spread collar shirt, square, english cut suit, shoes, braces and watch. Basically walking around with your d*ck out.

Agreed. I think the only place I would wear that would be in a Ralph Lauren Purple Label magazine ad. If you think you could pull it off go for it........

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That tie was invented to be worn with the most obnoxious combination of contrast/spread collar shirt, square, english cut suit, shoes, braces and watch. Basically walking around with your d*ck out.

Eh, the colours are not nearly as crazy as those, it's a pretty standard large-scale paisley tie. Nonetheless, I'm not particularly keen on it, but it really isn't as obnoxious as you're implying.

faisal.100

Reaction score
What is the proper way to pair the tie. I have a light grey suit, a black one, and a navy blazer; and a wide variety of shirts.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not expert on fabrics, but isn't what is posted above a classic English madder tie? In any event, nothing too difficult about wearing it.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you match with a blue shirt, make it a pale sky blue. Or pale magenta or pink or even green.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paisley isn't that hard to wear, and it doesn't necessitate walking around with ********* out either.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You, sir, missed the point.

What is this dude radiating?

purple-label-09-2.jpg

A fat wallet?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
Keep quiet, peasant.

Don't be so rude to BigBris4.

In response to the OP, I personally don't get paisley, but that would look fine with a blue/white fine stripe shirt and charcoal solid suit.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You, sir, missed the point.

What is this dude radiating?

purple-label-09-2.jpg

mannequin.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it would go well with a light blue shirt. The paisley is not that outlandish, so I don't think it should be difficult to wear. The colors seem very drab and depressing to me though, so I wouldn't actually wear it. The tie from the Purple Label ad, on the other hand, is gorgeous; I'd happily wear that one.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of paisley personaly but it is not a bad tie, it would certainly go well with a lt blue shirt.

alexei

Reaction score
Agreed a light blue shirt would be better than white.
For me, I think the pattern is too much. I would wear it with a dark green v-neck sweater.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads