what do you guys consider big thighs?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by lennon420, Jul 20, 2008.

1. max_r

max_r Senior member

i was curious, so i measured just now, haha

5'10", 155lbs, 31" waist, 22" thighs

one of my roommates is always going on about how he can't find pants that fit, but seeing as he said he's got 23" thighs i'm now inclined to believe that either he doesn't know how to measure his thighs, or he doesn't know how pants are supposed to fit.

2. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Weird. I'm 5'6", about 140lbs, 36" chest, 30' waist, and it's a little over 20" around my thigh. I thought my thighs were big. Especially since I don't need a belt and they can hold up my pants. I also do a bit of biking, lots of squats and lunges, and I lift heavy stuff at work.

Maybe they're just more defined than other guys I see.

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Weird. I'm 5'6", about 140lbs, 36" chest, 30' waist, and it's a little over 20" around my thigh. I thought my thighs were big. Especially considering I do a bit of biking, lots of squats and lunges, and I lift heavy stuff at work.

Maybe they're just more defined than other guys I see.

Almost exactly my measurements (mine are a tad over 21"). Muscular, not big. 'Big' thighs tent to involve a good bit of fat. I don't think I have so much of an ounce of fat on my legs. Byproduct of a hockey addiction I guess.

But a measurement like that is too large for skinny jeans. I'm pretty sure I would not be able to put a pair of 511s on.

4. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

To answer the question posed in the thread title, I think you can claim to have really big thighs once you touch 24".

I was 26+" when I first joined the forum, but I deliberately stopped cycling and I'm down to about 24" which is surprisingly more manageable in terms of clothing.

5. snake

snake Senior member

5' 9"
    30" waist
    131 LBS
    20" thighs

I consider myself pretty skinny. I don't think there's a scale to determine whether or not you have appropriately sized thighs, lots of factors in play there. Its really proportions that matter most.

6. seany

seany Senior member

I'm 5'8 and at 155, I feel fat compared to most of you. [​IMG]

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I'd never bothered to measure mine and was curious how I compared to everyone else....

5'10" 142 lbs
    30" waist
    20.5" thighs

8. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

6'3"
    169bls
    31 waist
    22.5 thighs

My problem though is that my chest right now is 34 inches, so I'm cutting to reduce thigh diameter to get more porportional and then doing a bulk.

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'm 6', 183lbs with 33" waist, 28" thighs and 20" calves...

Whoa, that's impressive! Are you a speedskater?

Since we sell a lot of trousers and jeans in the shop, I usually peg "big thighs" at 24" or larger. If you're 24" or smaller, then you'll most likely fit into they typical slim pant or jean.

If you're legs are 25" or bigger, then you probably need something with more room in the thighs and seat. If you're sizing up and left with a lot of room at the waist, then you'll know that your legs are too large for the pant that you're trying on. I know this situation personally, and we're working on a whole range of stuff for guys built like us.

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Whoa, that's impressive! Are you a speedskater? Since we sell a lot of trousers and jeans in the shop, I usually peg "big thighs" at 24" or larger. If you're 24" or smaller, then you'll most likely fit into they typical slim pant or jean. If you're legs are 25" or bigger, then you probably need something with more room in the thighs and seat. If you're sizing up and left with a lot of room at the waist, then you'll know that your legs are too large for the pant that you're trying on. I know this situation personally, and we're working on a whole range of stuff for guys built like us.
    Ha, thanks, but I posted that back in July 2008! No, not a speed skater, but I was a 6' and 295lb D-1 Nose Tackle back in 2000-01 and since then I have lost over a hundred lbs and some how maintained most of the mass in my legs. I did a lot of heavy Oly lifting, heavy sprints and stair running, although I'm now into CrossFit. My legs have shrunk a bit which is good for me, i loss some mass on my quads and calves and no longer have to size-up on my waist to fit into pants (although my calves still get stuck when I try to take off my KMWs). It is annoying sometimes when buying clothes, but thankfully I have broad shoulders and a larger rib cage to at least make me look proportionate. I've been meaning to try some of your shirting (we seem to be exactly the same size), but I have a hard time coming off my addition to EG and BoO for some reason...

11. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

I am 5'9" 130 pounds, 18 inch thigh, 28 inch waist.

12. mondayc

mondayc Senior member

23" thighs at 6'2." I'd say they're regular sized, but really defined from biking.

13. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

I am 5'9" 130 pounds, 18 inch thigh, 28 inch waist.

God damn, you weigh less than my typical warm-up weight and my thighs are almost the size of your waist!

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

6'2, 185, 33" waist, 24.5" thighs

15. TyroneFig

TyroneFig Senior member

Where do you measure from?
    I have 22" around the middle, 25" measuring from the upper middle...

I'm 5'6" a bit overweight..