• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you for a night on the town?

Remember

Reaction score
Ive seen alot of examples of peoples daily and work wear, but I was wondering what you guys typically wear when your out, at clubs, for parties etc. Im looking to update my dressier wardrobe, and Im trying to gain inspiration from this place.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that if you look at the WAYWT thread, quite a lot of that is what I would call bar wear.

Unless you are looking for the NJ club uniform: True Religon shredded Jeans, express striped button down shirt and or affliction shirt.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
depends where... i think im going to start wearing a blazer to that sort of **** or maybe a suit even

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
if I plan to end up drunk or if I want to get laid, I don't dress "well."

True. I often wear a just a barrel held up by suspenders if looking to score.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
I think that if you look at the WAYWT thread, quite a lot of that is what I would call bar wear.

Unless you are looking for the NJ club uniform: True Religon shredded Jeans, express striped button down shirt and or affliction shirt.

Ah, the typical NJ dig. Depends on where you are in NJ...I do not see much of the NJ "guido" look where I am from. Princeton has a completely different look...

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
if I plan to end up drunk or if I want to get laid, I don't dress "well."

+ one

fing02[1].gif

Edit: mostly just the drunk part. I don't really ever plan on getting laid; if it happens, it happens, but shockingly if it's random it tends to coincide with getting drunk. I would guess most SFers slub wear is better than the average dbag night on the town uniform.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Ah, the typical NJ dig. Depends on where you are in NJ...I do not see much of the NJ "guido" look where I am from. Princeton has a completely different look...
I try not to be anywhere in NJ. but I wasn't referencing just NJ locale when calling out NJ guido wear. You guys just get to be the namesake. You aren't the only home to the NJ guido zombie virus, just the source. You and LI. same thing really though. It's your own fault for tolerating it long enough for it to spread. I take responsibility for TX not killing all formal western wear outside of practical farm and utilitarian uses.

videocrew

Reaction score
Billy Reid Roper Boots
Darkish jeans
OCBD
Sweater if needed

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
lol at me only reading the subject title.

SecretService

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Remember
Ive seen alot of examples of peoples daily and work wear, but I was wondering what you guys typically wear when your out, at clubs, for parties etc. Im looking to update my dressier wardrobe, and Im trying to gain inspiration from this place.

Go only to places you want to go and wear only things you want to wear. **** is way more fun that way.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Remember
Most of my WAYWT posts would be examples of stuff I wear out. The ones that aren't should be pretty obvious. Typically a blazer / sweater , nice button up shirt and jeans.

Mr. Pharmacist

Reaction score
Anything really. I've come to discover that people here are often too drunk to notice.

davo10375

Reaction score
jazz bar: most pretentious outfit I can manage since its been really hot no jacket or anything usually revolves around my raf x fp wool pants and oc grey laceups.

others: just a decent fitting shirt/jeans and some shoes. Not too precious with my stuff and its too hot to wear a jacket.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dressing up: Blazer, Tie, Dress Shirt, Jeans, Sneakers (converse or some ****)

Dressing down: t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and a zip hoodie/sweater on top if it's cold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads