• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do when your wife/GF is away?

Grey

Reaction score
Lots and lots of videogames.

Movies she doesn't like, really loud. Preferably anything with John Wayne.

Loud things in the garage at odd hours, air tools, etc. Cleaning triumph carbs, listening to Zeppelin, and drinking bourbon at 1am on a Tuesday.

I cook things she doesn't like, or I get take-out that she doesn't like, etc.

Kind of nice, actually, although I wouldn't want to do it for any length of time. Just a couple days.

cncrd

Reaction score
I iron my shirts.

This has been a running joke with my girlfriend for a long time, as I'm always showing her posts here that I find funny, and she is at least a respecter and tolerator of Styleforum now. She laughs about it now and of course doesn't really care, but she used to flip out when she would see me ironing a week's worth of shirts and get on me for wasting the time and not just taking them to the laundry.

It's always a joke for us that I can go to a strip club anytime I want, but I have to sneak the ironing in when she's gone.

tmoris

Reaction score
what series like 'Only fools and horses' that my wife wouldnt watch with me..
smile.gif

cncrd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I buy $10,000 worth of clothes and then rent a storage locker before she gets back.

BTW, what happened to that thread? Seems to be gone?

GSquared

Reaction score
I love this thread.

Personally, I walk around in my birthday suit and if I do get dressed it is nothing more than basketball shorts. Go through my DVR and netflix streaming that she isn't interested in and just have personal time. I usually do a thorough clean for when she comes home so that it's all nice and tidy.

I really liked the statement about partner in crime, it's nice to go to your little hideout between committing some crimes so that you can plot for your next one.

foulard

Reaction score
start wanking, keep wanking, listen for noises of anyone coming, then keep wanking.

Sleep, wake, wank.

When she gets back...stop wanking.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cncrd
I iron my shirts.

This has been a running joke with my girlfriend for a long time, as I'm always showing her posts here that I find funny, and she is at least a respecter and tolerator of Styleforum now. She laughs about it now and of course doesn't really care, but she used to flip out when she would see me ironing a week's worth of shirts and get on me for wasting the time and not just taking them to the laundry.

It's always a joke for us that I can go to a strip club anytime I want, but I have to sneak the ironing in when she's gone.

Does she know how much money you're saving every month by avoiding the cleaners? A good cleaners charges about $5/shirt and thats 30/shirts a month so ~ $150/mo. You can of course go to the one that puts your shirts in a huge press and permanently embeds the stains in them for $1/shirt, but you can see where that would also end up being expensive.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always think that I'm going to hang out with the boys more and do weird things, but I end up doing the same things I always do except maybe I'll go to a music store and buy like a digital device for my guitar or something she'd have .0% interest in.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciation binge followed by my regular routine. I too get pretty restless after about day 2.3

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads