• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do when your wife/GF is away?

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrMoBueno
The worst I've ever experienced [second-hand] was when a friend's wife came back home, went on the computer, and the recent google searches were all for area strip clubs. We didn't even go, we pussed out, not that she believed it.

never understood why do some guys marry this kind of girls at all... checking history of google searches? wtf?!
plain.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spb_lady
never understood why do some guys marry this kind of girls at all... checking history of google searches? wtf?!
plain.gif

It pops up automatically if you type in a letter or two. Perhaps it was unintentional, but my wife would have been mad she didn't get to go...

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marriage, a young man's folly and an old man's comfort.

I don't have to look over my shoulder every now and again to make sure the coast is clear when I'm on the phone or on the internet.

Post-it to remind myself to reset the browser and clean the cache, because...

The worst I've ever experienced [second-hand] was when a friend's wife came back home, went on the computer, and the recent google searches were all for area strip clubs. We didn't even go, we pussed out, not that she believed it.

So, you dated a psycho ***** that cares abuot every little detail of your life, but it's every woman's fault. Find one that isn't twelve.

Also, Firefox -> Tools -> Private Browsing

Originally Posted by spb_lady
plain.gif

People are idiots.

Originally Posted by NORE
It pops up automatically if you type in a letter or two. Perhaps it was unintentional, but my wife would have been mad she didn't get to go...
You can also disable saved searches, which any smart person did the day they got a computer.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

chrome --> new incognito window

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brown eyes
when the wife's away.. spend time w/ the gf
when the gf's away.. spend time w/ the wife

Yes of course. It's necessary to have at least two if not three women. When one is PMS or **********, there's always another to peg into. Keeps me calm and pleasant toward them all.

Always pick a wife who's much younger so you can peg her mother. Divide and conquer, I always say.

cold war painter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Your wife or GF is out of town for a few days. What do you do that is different than when she is around?

Pray she returns before I kill again.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
tools>internet options>clear browsing history every time Firefox closes>save.
+1 I use Chrome for a regular browser, and for watching Appreciation I use Firefox - history gets deleted every time I close it. Works flawlessly for me.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I buy $10,000 worth of clothes and then rent a storage locker before she gets back.

GSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
well, it's not all roses. i am lost because there is no one to fight with or demand sex and food from

Reading this on the bus and actually laughed out loud. Got a few weird looks.

cold war painter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
So, how is that working for you?

eh.gif

Now that you've called my bluff, I don't have the chops to riff on that any further.

What actually happens is that I read instead of watching TV, and cook things I like to eat that she doesn't. All pretty boring really.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I buy $10,000 worth of clothes and then rent a storage locker before she gets back.

LOL i see what you did thar

Srsly though, my girl used to travel a lot while she was a nanny for a rich traveling family, until she quit that job. Usually it was for anywhere between two to four weeks. Pretty much every night I would be at the bar getting completely, utterly sloshed and then passing out in some friend's living room. Never would consider affairs though. I'm too loyal.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GF was recently gone for a few days. Got some projects around the apartment finished, though I realized I need her input on some others.

I also played an inordinate amount of video games and ordered Chinese food; though the latter isn't out of the norm since we order out a few times a month.

I was going to do the laundry but couldn't find where she has hidden our "building laundry machine card" and she couldn't remember when I inquired either.

I didn't go to the gym, which is a stark contrast to the last time she was gone for an extended period of time and I hit the gym 6 days a week. Then again, she was previously gone for 5 weeks, the most recent was only a few days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads