• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do to your face after shaving ?

Reaction score
I love to slap myself, too! I like to think it sends the aftershave straight into the brains.

LapelQueen

Reaction score
I have a little man in Andalucia who tri-annually prepares for me a refined preparation consisting of several almost-extinct wild herbs. I apply this daily upon my freshly shaved profile in the morning and before retiring in the evening. If I run out, or customs intercepts the consignment, I resort to Nivea or some such.

turboman808

Reaction score
I don't shave that often since I look pretty good with my redneck stubble. Even girls that don't like facial hair seems to like me with stubble.

When I do shave I get as close of shave as possible. I go against the grain. Not sure someone face could take that daily. Also I shave in the shower to make it easier on my skin. When I am finished I use a apricot scrub to promote the hair growing in without much irritation.

HatMagnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
BACK ON TOPIC GENTLEMEN....

After I shave I splash cold water on my face, then I slap myself vigorously across the face three times on each cheek while I scream*. This lessens the effect of the alcohol which stings un-mercifully but tightens my skin until I achieve the glow of a well-preserved saddle. After that I may indulge in a bit of pepper spray in my eyes to distract me from the razor burn, and once I wipe away the tears and snot, I'm ready for work.

* - Sometimes Mrs. Thomas offers to take up the slapping duties depending on how shabbily I've treated her the prior evening.

laugh.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I just got in a Mr. Taylor shave cream in a tub today. I opened up and gave it a good whiff; it smells manly, as a shaving cream should. I cannot wait to give it a whirl.
^ Sidetracking the thread once again just to say I had the best shave of my life using Mr. Taylor shave cream and a Merkur razor blade (again, not my favorite razor blade). I have only achieved the legendary BBS shave a couple times in my life, but I expect that I am going to nail it every time from this point forward. Such a fragrant, cushion-y lather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads