• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do to your face after shaving ?

skiwebster

Reaction score
cold water, then toner, let it set for a little bit and then moisturizer right before i leave the house. if you are afraid of clogging your pores with something heavy, try a toner - they are extremely light and actually help your skin with acne/bumps.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best thing I've ever applied to my face after shaving is inner thighs.

ComboOrgan

Reaction score
I use an alum block, then rinse with cold water and apply Cornhusker's Lotion

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After my hot shower, in which I exfoliate my skin with Biotherm Homme Exfoliating Gel on alternating days, I prepare my soap: water and a soap from a Dutch company called De Vergulde Hand. I then apply the soap with a Gilette goldcolored brush and shave with the accompanying goldcolored razor. After that, I use an aftershave balsem - preferrebly with little or no alcohol as Pat Bateman suggested, althought at the moment I use Nivea For Men which does leave me with a nice fresh feeling. Finally I apply a moisturizer, also from Biotherm Homme, and brush my teeth.

There is an idea of a..
lol8[1].gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I use Gillette Complete Skin Care Protect

mens_gillette_complete_skincare_facial_reviews_1079047_raw.jpg

Moisturizes well and has SPF 15.

TheClearanceGuy

Reaction score
after cold application, use witch hazel. It is natural and will tighten those pores and promote skin radiance. It's old style and effective.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, I'd recommend Thayers.

taxipro

Reaction score
I splash with hot water after and before razing. I use Gillette's razors.
eh.gif

BPerm

Reaction score
After shaving I just use Tea Tree Oil Face Cream. I think it smells good and it keeps your complexion top notch.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must say im a bit dissapointed with the electric razor.. it did a good job shaving, but now 3 days later, the hair growing back hurts my neck just as much as when i do it with a razor.. i get little red zits along my neck and painful prickly hairs..

i hate shaving!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads