• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you consider to be good food?

marc37

Reaction score
Steve B: am l allowed to discuss the benefits of urine therapy?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve B: am l allowed to discuss the benefits of urine therapy?
Are you referring to this?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Yes, Marc, if you can keep it from getting GROSS. Like AC's link...

marc37

Reaction score
Sorry, Mark, still gross.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

Leo Jay

Reaction score
My interpretation of 'good food' is whatever gives each person the balance of emotional and physical satisfaction he/she desires for him/herself. From what I've read and experienced, the evidence is fairly convincing that a diet of organic fruits and vegetables is 'best' for one's physical health, but for most people who consider themselves 'reasonably healthy', adopting that kind of diet would seriously compromise their quality of life -- or at least so they might assume... so  why do it?  I can understand sharing information with people to help them make informed decisions to further their own ability to make choices. But I don't know that anything positive is accomplished from trying to CONVINCE someone to adopt one diet or another.  (Though, on the other hand, I suppose the considerable estate of the late Dr. Atkins might provide an answer
tounge.gif
). Although most doctors would have already assessed me to be 'in excellent health' I've moved closer to a vegan diet over the last year because when I tried it, I noticed a significant difference in energy level and overall vitality. Â But I'm by no means committed to that kind of diet. On the other hand, for the past year, my girlfriend's been following a strict 'raw vegan' diet, consisting exclusively of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and sprouts. Â No animal products whatsoever. Â We often joke that although she eats a raw vegan diet, by no means would she allow herself to be considered a 'raw vegan' -- she adopted the diet on the advice of an M.D. only for personal health reasons, with none of the political motivations (i.e., she has no 'ethical' problems with eating animals). I suspect that are many reasonable, balanced, 'live and let live' people who eat a 'vegan' or 'raw vegan' diet, but it's often the extremist, argumentative proselytizers that call negative attention to the diet. Anyway, I think it best to learn what you can to make informed choices... then eat what makes you happy, and let others do the same. Â
wink.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm on a 'proselytizer-free' diet. well, 'low-proselytizer' anyway.
cool.gif

marc37

Reaction score
My interpretation of 'good food' is whatever gives each person the balance of emotional and physical satisfaction he/she desires for him/herself. From what I've read and experienced, the evidence is fairly convincing that a diet of organic fruits and vegetables is 'best' for one's physical health, but for most people who consider themselves 'reasonably healthy', adopting that kind of diet would seriously compromise their quality of life -- or at least so they might assume... so  why do it?  I can understand sharing information with people to help them make informed decisions to further their own ability to make choices. But I don't know that anything positive is accomplished from trying to CONVINCE someone to adopt one diet or another.  (Though, on the other hand, I suppose the considerable estate of the late Dr. Atkins might provide an answer Â
tounge.gif
 ). Although most doctors would have already assessed me to be 'in excellent health' I've moved closer to a vegan diet over the last year because when I tried it, I noticed a significant difference in energy level and overall vitality.  But I'm by no means committed to that kind of diet. On the other hand, for the past year, my girlfriend's been following a strict 'raw vegan' diet, consisting exclusively of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and sprouts.  No animal products whatsoever.  We often joke that although she eats a raw vegan diet, by no means would she allow herself to be considered a 'raw vegan' -- she adopted the diet on the advice of an M.D. only for personal health reasons, with none of the political motivations (i.e., she has no 'ethical' problems with eating animals). I suspect that are many reasonable, balanced, 'live and let live' people who eat a 'vegan' or 'raw vegan' diet, but it's often the extremist, argumentative proselytizers that call negative attention to the diet. Anyway, I think it best to learn what you can to make informed choices... then eat what makes you happy, and let others do the same. Â
wink.gif
Leo, l am not trying to preach or trying to change peoples eating habits, l know better than to try and change people - it never works. l am only writing in the health section toi ease my conscience (l feel guilty because l don't have much to add in the fashion forum: this is because l come from Australia [where good brands are scarce]. l can't get Lobb, Kiton etc so l can't relate to alot of the stuff that the board talks about). There is some excellent info [l have provided] for those who want to use it, l have put in alot of time free of charge, - my conscience is now clear. lt's a pity J didn't put this topic in the `best of ' posts.

Zubberah

Reaction score
This is the first time I have ventured into this section. And now the last. Â Is this the same "SHOOMAN" on the Fashion Forum? I simply eat what I like. Very simple. Couldn't give a damn whether it's healthy or not. Thankfully, perhaps, what I most like tends toward the heathy end of the spectrum. I think Marc needs a subscription to the Australian Skeptics Association. As a fellow Australian, I would like to publicly distance myself from both Marc and the grossly erroneous suggestion that this sort of rubbish is rampant in Australia. It isn't. I know Marc will respond, but I refuse to engage in this charlatanism. Thanks for those with some sense who took the time to respond. Despite it falling on deaf ears. What started out - I thought anyway - as a joke has quickly metamorphised and escalated into the serious. I am still in shock.
wow.gif
Thanks for the laugh. Please, Marc, tell me now you are not serious?

marc37

Reaction score
I simply eat what I like. Very simple. Couldn't give a damn whether it's healthy or not. I know Marc will respond, but I refuse to engage in this charlatanism. Thanks for those with some sense who took the time to respond.
You eat what you like, exactly right you do. You are ignorant, l make no apologies. You have no idea how food affects the human body. Don't be such a know it all. l have done much research and are respected in the medical and health community. l can agrue with the best. What do you mean by thanking people who choose the time to respond. Talk about arrogant. Danny, stop being a know it all. Before you call it charlatism check the facts. l am sorry but you have no idea, you are way out of your depth. Think about what you are saying here. l wouldn't normally bother to respond back to such utter ignorant views but l see you as one of my aussie compatriots (just like Nick M). l hope this doesn't spoil what aussie forum friendship we have. (l am an upfront person but l don't hold grudges). Regards: shooman.

marc37

Reaction score
When it comes to health l get on my high horse at times. l don't preach, l only preach & teach the converted. l have proven that l know alot (not all but alot) about how to stifle disease. l am not boasting; my record speaks for itself. l am not word famous but l should be.
biggrin.gif

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh Danny, you got him started again.....
sad.gif

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is some excellent info [l have provided] for those who want to use it, l have put in alot of time free of charge, - my conscience is now clear. lt's a pity J didn't put this topic in the `best of ' posts.
I've had the most delightful time reading this thread. Amazing. Thanks to T4Phage for linking it from another. Good on ya Marc.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you really think we are in the universe alone??? l have seen UFO's. lt's just a fact of life.
res ipsa loquitor

marc37

Reaction score
When you eat the diet l suggested you never get sick. A good diet doesn't allow the body to become diseased.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads