1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What do you consider to be good food?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by marc37, Jun 23, 2004.

1. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Don't be cheeky. [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Sorry to get off the subject but I'm going to do it anyways, so here it goes. I don't really know why, but I'm strangely creeped out by marc37's avatar. Like seriously. I actually preferred the bean looking thing with the antennae and the elongated skull guy/thing he had before. I'm not an easily frightened type of guy, but the look in that lady's eyes... damn unsettling.

She may be trying to telepathically turn me, I must resist.

That will be all.

3. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

l'm back Tokyo Slim. Back to haunt one and all. Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG] RAARRR... Nothing better than cookie-monster vocals ala death metal vocals. Deathly screems and gutteral growls rule the way folks. We should practise our rough vocals gradly folks. P.S: the avator [above] looks very similar to me.[​IMG]

4. jim_k

jim_k Member

After enduring 9 pages of this stuff and plenty of images that took forever to load, I felt I would be wasting my time if I didn't chime in once. And it's been a while since I've chimed in anyway, so here goes.

First off: Everything in moderation. You smoke too much, you're going to die. You drink too much, you're going to die. You live too much, you're going to die. Simple fact. Sorry if this comes as a crushing blow to anybody.

Second: If you're so busy concerned about and living in the future, you're not living in the moment and if you're not living in the moment, you're not living - period. If you eat a handful of sprouts in order to live longer you're not savoring the moment. Unless you really, really dig sprouts, in which case, knock yourself out. Eat a barrel full. Carpe diem.

Third: We no longer have big ear lobes - that's why we no longer live to be so old? Dude, we don't make kids work in factories anymore, either. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Fourth: Being susceptible to boredom has nothing to do with broccoli in your gut. It has a lot to do with being bored.

Fifth: No one wants to suffer in their old age. No one wants to suffer period. But you don't have any control over where you'll be or what'll you be doing in 20 or 30 years. Go for it: drink from the tank of purity today so that you may live to be 150 or 200 years old, make the necessary arrangements so that your twilight years are prolonged and comfy. Just remember it doesn't do you a fat lot of good if you get hit by a bus tomorrow.

I believe it was Kai who told us early on in this epic thread about a rather "anti-sprout" (my term, not his) meal he had one evening with friends. I'd argue that that meal, spent in the company of his friends, was healthier than a 100 pound bag of cheap beans. Why? Because the only thing that concerned Kai and his party was feeling good. And if a well cooked rack of ribs in the company of the ones you love makes you feel good... Well, I can't think of a healthier way to live.

Disclaimer: This doesn't mean, however, that I'd like to see their poop. I'll take their word for it if they tell me they have sexy poop.

Oh yeah, I also read that many pipe and cigar smokers live above average life spans. We're not just talking about living longer than cigarette smokers, but mortals in general. It has nothing to do with the tobacco, they still die from smoking related diseases, but since they take the time to do something they enjoy doing their bodies don't endure the nonstop stress that so many of us inflict upon ourselves. Which reminds me of something that P.J. O'Rourke said: He said he considered quitting smoking because it would add 20 years to his life, but then continued smoking because it added 20 years to the wrong part of his life. Who wants 20 years after age 70? 20 years somewhere between the ages of 18 and 25? Sign me up.

And while I'm here - anybody done research into the negative effects of monitor emissions or "scanner radiation." You know, those invisible rays flying off the scanner bed as you're scanning volumes and volumes of literature at ridiculously high resolutions? Just curious...

Thanks for listening.

5. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Hhhh (sigh). l have heard all these arguments before.

Sprouts can become a pleasurable habit if you have a good attitude towards them and give it time.

Bordum has alot to do with disease.

The probability of being killed in an accident is way less than dying thru an unhealthy lifestyle.

(points 2,3,and 5 are very un-thought-out. Be careful what you say here.).

Sprouts give your life new meaning because your mind, body and soul operate on a different level. (This is the bit everyone is not understanding, it's hard to explain something a person has not experienced before, l will try soon though).

l will talk more about this when l have more time.

6. jim_k

jim_k Member

Sorry to trouble you then. You could've stopped after this, you know.

Maybe. Don't speak for everybody.

Is "Bordum" different than "boredom," which has to do with being bored? This is a very un-thought-out point. Be careful what you say.

That doesn't mean it won't happen. My point is that you can make all the plans you want. You can make every effort to follow a certain way of life by the rule, but it doesn't mean much if you get hit by a falling piano or crash landing UFO. There is a difference between what is probable and what is possible.

They're generalities. And they're based on very well thought out principals. I borrowed from Zen wisdom for #2, was merely pointing out what appears to be an odd bit of reasoning on your part (perhaps because it wasn't very well substantiated) in #3 and we've already gone over #5. Remember: There are more forces at work that determine life span and what kills us than what you purport.

You're right, it is difficult explaining something that can only be experienced. I don't think you help your cause any by making it a moral imperative. And as soon as you start showing pictures of poop... well then you're sunk.

Don't bother. You've said enough.

7. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

You talk about being hit by a piano etc; what if you don't get hit by a piano, you are stuffed - you will die of disease and be sick. l would rather have a game plan [in case you don't get killed in an accident], because if you don';t you are not taking control of your healthy future. Don't leave your health to chance; take control.

8. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Our governments fork out billions towards health care. lf we looked after our health better we could slash billions off our annual health bill. We are paying too much tax because of irresponsible people that don't look after their health. PLEASE BE AWARE Ambulance services are slow; do you want to be waiting for an ambulance while you'r having a heart attack etc. Prevent this from being a possibility folks. Take control. ALSO Beware of medical research, it's a fraud. Don't give money to medical research for cancer etc, you are wasting your money. The medical profession has been claiming for over 40 years that they are getting closer to cancer cures etc. Don't believe the lies. You are wasting your money.

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Marc, Here's a thought to ponder... Are we ever really in control??? [​IMG]

10. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

11. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

F.B. can you get it in anything other than a beanie? I was thinking a bowler would be excellent. And also, would getting it felt lined mess up the effect?

Are these MTM or RTW items? And if you can get them OTR, are there any reasonable outlet stores? I can't see myself paying full price for an aluminum foil hat.

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

More chuckles.... [​IMG]

14. FIHTies

FIHTies Distinguished Member

...and do they mke an Airport Friendly one or will I just have to cross my fingers and hope that they dont try to get me when I travel?

JJF

PS: I suspect you can get the same effect with metallic duct tape however I dont condone its use.

15. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Weeds are a brilliant soarce of nutrition. Pick lots of dandlion and other (non poisoness) weeds and juice in a juicer. You can also juice the flowers. The weed juice will be a bitter black substance: it is very foul. The weed juice is loaded with calcium, vitamins and other such nutrition. Drink your weed juice with good health folks. Regards: your shooman. [​IMG]