What do you consider to be good food?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by marc37, Jun 23, 2004.

1. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Read my previous posting (much earlier in the post). The vegetable toxins and unsuitable fiber are the result of the un-natural cultivation of grass seeds [thousands of years ago]. Un-natural = sprouting seeds inside a shelter (cave, glasshouse etc). Over [a long] time, the seeds will form different characteristics from what nature intended. Nature intends seeds to grow outside. Here are Professor Hilton Hotema's words below: (a total legend; a real big thinker). He makes a valid point. [​IMG] See: mass clearing of trees (an un-natural action until modern man intruded) [to make way for farmland] makes way for un-natural growth: hence vegies. Vegies are hybrids because they are always destroyed by storms [where-as trees are {by-and-large} are not]. Nature always destroys the weeker things. Trees, seeds (sprout seeds), algae and grass live on. Vegies are the week rejects: frost can destory, flood can destroy, bugs can destroy etc. Vegies have a short and dubious history. Sprouts have a long and excellent history. SOMETHING TO BE AWARE OF A person who lives on a sprout diet will end up healthier (long term) than a person living on a vegie diet. Vegies have no place in our diet. Humans need: sprouts, fruit and [soaked/sprouted] nuts [in this day and age]. (Highest vibration foods).

2. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Common guys. l want a serious challenge. All your questions are so [boringly] easy. l want a question [on diet] that will stump me. l have argued with many doctors and natural health people over the years: guess what, they had know idea and l completely cleaned them up with my arguments. (Forum members: l have heard all the arguments [you have attempted to bring up] hundreds of times before). l have never lost an arument. l welcome challenges. On diet, l doubt you can surpass me on knowledge.

Challenge me. Many doctors and natural health people follow my lead now. l am very influencial in health today. l advise companies amongst many things. (l sell, l advise and l give hope [most importantly]).

Maybe l should give it all alway and go on the public speaking circuit. l am a successful public speaker. l encouraged a m8 to be a public speaker: he now gets $80,000 a talk. l know l could do the same. l love to talk in front of an audience.

3. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by marc37:
    Breatharian? Anyone else need more evidence? I believe marc37 just proved a point [​IMG] . I think masterb8man is a member of the C.I.A whose idol is the "so called doctor of .." Hotema: Quack acadamy These guys seem to be based in oz. Sounds like those cult things. BTW, many of these deserts were caused by .......NATURE. Are you trying to say that Death Valley, the Gobi, the Great Western, the Kalahari et al are man made? [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Marc,

Read any respectable introductory text on cults, and you'll be astonished on how many aspects of cults appear in just the short excerpts of the text you show us. The sentence structures which do not invite questioning questioning, the use of nonstandard jargon (which makes refutation of any statements difficult,) and the constant unsubstantiated claims without qualification are all very troubling.

What is your level of education, and in what area?

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

"And it came to pass as the substances the Breatharian ate weakened his body, man actually eats to die just as he smokes to die." WHAT? Ok, I'll only say this once: Man eats to live. Period. Man does not eat to die. It is really simple. Food = Life. No Food = Death. So my question is: What the fuck is the book talking about? People don't smoke to die. Anyone who thinks that people smoke because they want to die is greatly mistaken. Now, I may be a nonsmoker, but even I know that the reason people start to smoke is so that they can live. Live, in a group that accepts them, that normalizes them by acting in a similar manner as everyone else in the group. They start to smoke because it is socially accepted by their peers and they wish to live with their peers and find commonality with them, thus gaining certain acceptance...reaching a certain platitude with them and others through certain acts, for example smoking. If a person wants to die, they will find quicker methods than smoking...jumping off a building or wrapping their mouth around a .45 and pulling the trigger come to mind. Jon. (BTW: I'm listening to Michael Sambello's "Maniac" and it must be influencing my extreme vernacular, thus I beg your pardon...Damn 80's. )

6. fareau

fareau Senior member

Marc,

If nothing I have said resonates with you, and if nothing that any of the other forum members has said even remotely infringes upon your orthodoxy, then I doubt very much that I will be able to convince you over the internet that your approach to healthy living is predicated upon very dubious principles.  I think that you are reading various materials that force you to accept their claims on the cradle of faith.  I spend much of my current evenings critically appraising health studies; interpreting and critiquing is a skill which requires a good deal of education and training.  If you do not have this background, I worry that you may be accepting things that are not quite accurate.  

I am a physician and am fortunate to work with other physicians, basic scientists, pharmacists, dieticians, nurses, and occasional engineers.  They are a wonderful collection of people who endeavor to advance the state of the art of biomedical science, recognizing full well that any movement forward will be filled with fits and starts, progress and regress, mistake and success alike.  We all work exceptionally hard (not just the physicians, believe me) and often do so to the exclusion of our own health needs.  You are certainly correct to observe that patients often look healthier than their doctors.  If you choose to fire your doctor for that reason, so be it....you are an adult and are capable of making your own decisions.

I suppose I do feel a sense of begrudgement when, in the face of such sincere efforts on the part of the whole biomedical science team, accolades are heaped upon alternative practioners with highly suspect academic backgrounds and questionable recommendations.  Your indictment of the medical/science profession is provocative and emotive (I see that other forum members are in similar fields and agree).  You mention the death of a cardiologist from a myocardial infarction; granted it is ironic, but certainly no less sad.  Many people die from heart-attacks through no fault of their own, and since physicians and scientists are people too, it stands to reason that she was one of the unfortunate few.  I think that putting her picture on the internet with a patently mocking tone of condescension is probably in poor taste.  However, it was an article that was published in a newspaper and so you have the right to reproduce it in these pages.  

People are probably wondering why I am bothering to write all of this, and frankly I am starting to wonder that as I type this very sentence.  I have found your commentary otherwise amusing and it certainly brought a smile to my face today (which I desperately needed).  However, I don't want to treat you like some type of court-jester playing for peanuts to the Style Forum members......We'll agree to disagree, but give the health-field a break from the disparaging remarks.  And, if I have the time tonight, I will do a Medline/Ovid literature search for Sprouts and Longevity.

7. marc37

marc37 Senior member

There's a reason people are leaving doctors in droves and taking up natural therapies.

Doctors have failed to deliver so people are taking health [more] in their own hands.

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by LA Guy:
    Judging from the spelling and grammer of his posts, what do you think [​IMG] ? Originally posted by ImageWIS:
    Hey, stop knocking my high school faves. [​IMG] Originally posted by fareau:
    This leads back to the quote from LA Guy. Originally posted by fareau:
    Bravo. Don't you just detest these so-called alternative cures/diets/etc? For a critical look at these practicioners (and other quackery) read the Skeptics Magazine, visit their website at: Skeptic.com. Many prominent people/scientists/pulitzer and nobel prize winners/writers. p.s: one error on your part, an assumption that marc37 is an adult. Where are the facts that support this theory? [​IMG]

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

What is your level of education, and in what area?
    Judging from the spelling and grammer of his posts, what do you think [​IMG] ? Originally posted by ImageWIS:
    Hey, stop knocking my high school faves. [​IMG] Originally posted by fareau:
    This leads back to the quote from LA Guy. Originally posted by fareau:
    Bravo. Don't you just detest these so-called alternative cures/diets/etc? For a critical look at these practicioners (and other quackery) read the Skeptics Magazine, visit their website at: Skeptic.com. Many prominent people/scientists/pulitzer and nobel prize winners/writers. p.s: one error on your part, an assumption that marc37 is an adult. Where are the facts that support this theory? [​IMG]
    OMG. I started reading this post and Club977 is playing the song as I read your post and type this. Eerie, huh? [​IMG] Jon.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oh yeah droves, its pure pandemonium out there... What have doctors failed to deliver (that your medicinal quackery has solved)? Jon.

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Originally posted by ImageWIS:
    Be careful now, we are entering the masterb8man zone where the laws of physics and logic no longer apply...... [​IMG]

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

OMG. I started reading this post and Club977 is playing the song as I read your post and type this. Eerie, huh?
    Be careful now, we are entering the masterb8man zone where the laws of physics and logic no longer apply...... [​IMG]
    So I can't expect for him to "˜send me an angel'? [​IMG] Jon.

13. fareau

fareau Senior member

I was hoping that there was some personal investment in his claims; it made his appeals for organic living all the more charming. That it was all just a lark is fine with me, although I have to wonder what satisfaction there is in taunting an internet audience (the satisfaction would seem to be rather empty)?

14. marc37

marc37 Senior member

My only wish is to provide the truth. l am a health tautologist. [​IMG] Try fruit in the morning, alfalfa sprouts before meals, fresh wheat grass juice and plenty of rejuvalic (fermented wheat water): you will feel alot better. Our bodies never lie.

15. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

No.