1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What do you consider to be good food?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by marc37, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Giona Granata

Giona Granata Senior member

(Looking to improve @ June 21 2005,02:50)
    Come on, they are people which have had success in treating sick people. Just like l have.
    How exactly was this success measured? MtB
    You sick treat people with nutritous juices and sprouts. Everytime they visit the doctor (well after a while), the doctors report improved conditions in the patient. That's how we know it works. With the amount of people l've treated (and other peoples experiences in treating people), this can't be no coincidence. The benifets of juice therapy are amazing, science hasn't obviously tried these methods because they seem to be hesitant to try so called quack methods. Maybe they feer social isolation from their collegues [if they started supporting alternative health]. Science hasn't been unable to unravel the mysteries of plant foods. They probably never will.
    > You sick treat people with nutritous juices > The benifets of juice therapy are amazing I fear to ask you what nutritious juice you are talking about ...

2. Looking to improve

Looking to improve Senior member

Giona, Naaah. Too quantifiable  [​IMG] . [​IMG] MtB

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

i wanna flip the script on this a little....

excesses and quackery aside, do people here (notably t4 who is the most vociferous of the scientists) actually not believe that nutrition will help the recovery of patients?

im far from an expert and have thankfully no experience with cancer, but i would say that i do believe that including proper nutrition while undergoing treatment would certainly aid the recovery process.

does anyone disagree with this assertion?

4. Giona Granata

Sure, if you do not add "nutrition", the patient will surely die.

5. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Oh I don't disagree at all, and I doubt very strongly that any scientist would. A good balanced nutrition and postive mindset are always beneficial. But then again, we are not talking about that are we? [​IMG] We are discussing Marc's love of the backdoor method, crazy disproven ideas about wheatgrass, chlorophyll (Chlorella), oxygen therapy, and a host of other madness.

6. Looking to improve

Looking to improve Senior member

And these doctors, are these the same as the ones whose credentials T4phage seriously doubts? Are they at least 'traditionally' trained in medicine?
    Frankly, I'd be hesitant as well.
    I'm no expert either, but I would agree that proper nutrition would help. 'Proper' being the operative word. MtB

7. Giona Granata

Yes, Marc, Nutrition. Or at least Breath? mmmmm ... no, better not to breath. Many poisons in the air.

Do not breath. It's better. You will live 5 minutes, but you will be healthy for that 5 minutes.

8. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Here is a tragic story about a person who died trying to "live on Air", Marc's "Breatharianism" nonsense. Guilty Finding for Air Diet Pair m@T, do you ACTUALLY think any of marc's 'treatments' and 'diets' are useful? Would you follow them without some investigation first?

9. Giona Granata

No no no no.

Jan.

She did a mistake. She shouldn't breath.

10. Matt

Matt Senior member

oh god no, which is why i prefaced my query with "excesses and quackery aside".

living on wheatgrass is excessive. drinking urine is quackery.

however i have no objection to drinking "nutritious juices" (marcs words) to aid recovery assuming this means fruit juices and vegetable juices and providing our definition of nutritious juices doesnt include marc's bodily fluids.

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Ahhh Okay. How many of us DON'T drink fruit/veggie juices or have some fresh/cooked vegies every day?

12. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

James Randi's History of Alternative Medicine: Herewith the 3000-year history of alternative medicine in 30 seconds: 1000 BCE: "Eat this root." 100 CE: "That root's heathen, don't eat it. Say this prayer." 1800 CE: "That prayer is superstition, don't say it. Drink this snake-oil." 1900 CE: "That snake-oil is phony, don't drink it. Take this pill." 2002 CE: "That pill is artificial, don't take it. Eat this root. 2005 CE: "Don't eat the root it is not green. Drink this pee" edit: Italics are my addition.

13. Matt

Matt Senior member

although it is not unheard for science to then study that root and discover that it contains trace elements of the same drugs being prescribed however, and that the guy 3000 yrs ago using only trial and error, was kinda on to something.

...the joys of having a chinese girlfriend....

14. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

True, such as Taxol.....

But those underwent rigerous investigation and clinical trials before being released to the public... what Marc is advocating HAS been studied (Chlorophyll, oxygenation, Nucleic acids, peepee and more) all have proven false or silly to start off with.

15. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

"Quacks may also suggest that fecal material collects on the lining of the intestine and causes trouble unless removed by laxatives, colonic irrigation, special diets, and/or various herbs or food supplements that "cleanse" the body. The falsity of this notion is obvious to doctors who perform intestinal surgery or peer within the large intestine with a diagnostic instrument. Fecal material does not adhere to the intestinal lining. Colonic irrigation is done by inserting a tube into the rectum and pumping up to 20 gallons of water in and out. This type of enema is not only therapeutically worthless but can cause fatal electrolyte imbalance. Cases of death due to intestinal perforation and infection (from contaminated equipment) have also been reported. " From: Twenty-Five Ways to Spot Quacks and Vitamin Pushers

16. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Ahhh is that so Marc? Your countrymen don't seem to think so: BBC: Sex 'primes woman for sperm'

17. marc37

marc37 Senior member

18. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Because of air and other environmental pollution, it is vital to use green foods to protect you from this. As l have just said, green foods nutralize toxins. Fruit, meat, dairy and grain foods don't protect against pollution. You should view green foods as medicine.

That's probably why we have lots of green plants on GODs green earth. He knows that until we humans are sufficiently evolved enough to look after our planet, we need aids (green foods) to rebuild health until we are evolved enough to look after our planet. He knows we are going to stuff up so he has helped us out. He knows we humans have alot of potential so he provided us with green foods so we won't become extinct.

Put afew blades of grass in the water you drink, it will nutralize the toxins in the water.

19. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

All quotes originally posted by marc37:
    Okay marc, tell me where you get this number from. What are the components of human blood and their various lifespans in CT?

What components of 'green food' 'clean' the blood? Via what mechanism? Don't bring the chlorophyll nonsense again since it has been debunked.

What do you mean "richer" blood? Richer in what?

See the link above regarding enemas and 'Toxins', already debunked marc.... I think you just like it the pump.

Marc, how does green food increase rbc? Do tell.

You still have not replied about the so called 'experts' you have quoted from. Most are frauds and quacks, and the best that can be said for one or two others is that they are advocating something far far removed from their speciality.

20. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Fruit is good but vegies are overpromoted (l did talk about the dangers of vegies earlier in this thread). l'm not saying you shouldn't eat these foods; l'm saying you shoudln't rely on them to be desease free. Remember: fruit and vegies [bought from a shop] are a week or two old before they reach our table. Alot of the nutrition has already been leached from the food. Eg, 5 days after an orange is picked, it loses 85% of its vitamin C. Old fruit and vegies are half dead and not that nutritous, not to mention the unsuitable fibre that vegies contain. Fruit is much more benificial if you pick it from the tree. Vegies are much better freshly grown too.

The beauty of spouts is thay they are still growing while on your dinner plate. They are at there utmost nutrition peak. A sprout diet is MUCH MUCH more benificial than a fruit and vegie diet.