• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you carry in your pockets?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
While reading a reply to another thread I came to think of something. What do you guys usually carry around in your pockets at all times?

For me, I always carry the following items in my trouser/jeans pockets:

* Cellphone
* Credit card holder
* A pack of chewing gum
* Lip balm
* Keys
* Bills and change (if I have any. I mostly try to avoid it as I pay everything I buy with plastic.)
* MP3 player (Creative Muvo) and earplugs
* Buss pass (sometimes inside credit card holder, depending on how many cards I carry at the time.)

I hardly ever put stuff in my jacket pockets (be it suit/sports jacket or outer jacket/coat) as they tend to fall out when I take the jacket off, and also it's easy to forget items as you switch jackets. I haven't carried a wallet in over ten years. The credit card holder is just so much neater, and I don't get that huge bulge in my back pocket.

BTW: I don't carry the cellphone in my pocket all day. Whenever I sit down I take it out and put it on my desk/a table.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just cellphone and a credit card holder/money clip. the keys and ipod go into the briefcase.

the card holder is kinda frustrating actually. i hate having bulky things in my pockets so i decided to ditch my wallet for a money clip. but then i had to get a combo card holder/money clip to carry my plastic and business cards that ended up being bulkier than the wallet it replaced....sheesh.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
just cellphone and a credit card holder/money clip. the keys and ipod go into the briefcase.

the card holder is kinda frustrating actually. i hate having bulky things in my pockets so i decided to ditch my wallet for a money clip. but then i had to get a combo card holder/money clip to carry my plastic and business cards that ended up being bulkier than the wallet it replaced....sheesh.

My card holder is very slim. It only fits about three and a half credit cards (four if I force it shut, but three cards and a buss pass fits nicely). I considered a separate money clip, but I don't want the extra item in my pockets, so I just try to avoid carrying any cash instead. I only withdraw cash when I go out drinking, and then I just stick the bills in my back pocket. When I get home I dump all the coins in a jar (there usually are no bills left at the end of the night).

I guess this depends on where you live, but where I live all shops have card terminals, and the banks don't charge anything for a transaction, so I always pay with a card, even when just buying a pack of gum.
smile.gif

turboman808

Reaction score
Thats alot of stuff to carry.

I just have my keys, debit card, id and money. OH and my cheap cellphone that is very thin but only makes phone calls.

If I am wearing slacks I keep everything in my jacket. If bluejeans then I keep it in my jean pockets.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marbles (a carry over from my youth)

Red dice (you never know when you can find some suckers to hustle in a game of sidewalk dice)

rubber band

paper clip (in order to jimmy off handcuffs)

a few quarters and argentinian pesos (which can pass as quarters on a few machines)

a swiss army utility knife (the heavier the more useful)

Walther PPS handgun in 9mm

folding knife (non-switchblade knife as to not run afoul of local knife laws)

pepper spray to ward off stray dogs, unruly bouncers or to evade process servers

a mini pen and a few post it notes

an extra magazine of ammunition

a compact LED light

a cell phone with telescoping camera/video

$100 bill folded up

a mini-capsule holder for a pair of emergency Advil...over the counter strength

a stainless steel flask

I use to prefer a blackjack but the pepper spray seems more useful and humane

my car, work & house keys

2 gigabyte traveldrive flash card

plastic knuckles (since brass kncukles are banned)

badchad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joeygladstone
cell phone, wallet, keys

And once I arrive at work the keys and wallet go into the desk.

Now that I think about it, its rare that my cell phone/pda is more than 3-4 ft. away from me and usually in my pocket.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much, and yes it does look terrible on my relatively wide hips, but it's a habit I can't break...

DrFaustus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Marbles (a carry over from my youth)

Red dice (you never know when you can find some suckers to hustle in a game of sidewalk dice)

rubber band

paper clip (in order to jimmy off handcuffs)

a few quarters and argentinian pesos (which can pass as quarters on a few machines)

a swiss army utility knife (the heavier the more useful)

Walther PPS handgun in 9mm

folding knife (non-switchblade knife as to not run afoul of local knife laws)

pepper spray to ward off stray dogs, unruly bouncers or to evade process servers

a mini pen and a few post it notes

an extra magazine of ammunition

a compact LED light

a cell phone with telescoping camera/video

$100 bill folded up

a mini-capsule holder for a pair of emergency Advil...over the counter strength

a stainless steel flask

I use to prefer a blackjack but the pepper spray seems more useful and humane

my car, work & house keys

2 gigabyte traveldrive flash card

plastic knuckles (since brass kncukles are banned)

This guy has his priorities in order.

I carry a money clip for bills, ID, and credit cards. Also my phone and keys. I hate carrying my keys. However, I hate being locked out in cold even more.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally the following - method is always the same regardless of dress:

Left pant pocket
- iPhone
- hanker chief

Right pant pocket
- money clip with bills, again dependant on what country as the Asian countries are note dependent in that a lot of notes amount to not much

Left jacket inner pocket
- pen (some times outside breast pocket which always has a PS)

Left jacket outer pocket
- nothing

Right jacket inner pocket
- thin wallet to carry 3 CC, ID card, travel pass & any receipts if I need them (this will go in my left rear pant pocket if I don't wear my jacket

Right jacket outer pocket
- nothing

When in Australia one house key in change pocket of pant or jean & one car fob in right pant pocket.

Doc4

Reaction score
Whattt hasssss itssss gottssssssss in itssss pocketsssessss?

String! ... or nothingssssss ...

montyharding

Reaction score
Nothing. Wallet goes in my jacket pocket and cellphone sometimes. Everything else in my bag.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
trifold wallet with coin compartment - right inside jacket pocket
PDA-phone in its leather case - left inside jacket pocket
pen - alongside the PDA phone in the left inside jacket pocket
White cotton handkerchief - left trouser pocket (ID swipecard and work-keys also go in here if it's a workday)
Car & house keys on one fob - right trouser pocket

That's it. I don't carry a bag either.

I wish I could slim down the wallet further, but I can't. I just dislike carrying stuff around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads