• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you all think of Hemrajani?

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been incredibly pleased with Hemrajani recently, most notable their value proposition. I’ve been ordering shirts from them for a long time and continue to think their great, and I recently had them make me a jacket, which came out almost perfectly on the first try.

I haven’t seen much discussed about them here in quite some time—particularly from any of the big timers that may have experience with them—so I’m starting this thread to gauge opinion. … So, what do you all think of them?

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming we're talking about Joe Hemrajani of MyTailor, I'd agree with your assessment. Solid value proposition, great selection of fabrics and Joe has a great eye for small details. I've been pleased with the fit and construction of my garments and will be placing another order when he next comes to Chicago in September.

I've only ordered a few shirts from him but have generally liked what I saw. As far as jackets, I have a tuxedo, grey suit and 7 odd jackets. I like the way I look in all of them. Heavy tweeds to lightweight linen, fully lined to quarter lined to buggy lined.

QVT93

Reaction score
I've been extremely satisfied with all my shirts from them as well as the tuxedo they made me for my wedding. I can't speak to really long term wear, but we did a test shirt and then made modifications to that and the fit has been perfect since then.

As for their value, there are a lot of brilliant fabrics available under 150 per shirt. Thomas Mason silver and all that. One day I'd love to get one of their ultra lux 400 dollar sea island things, but I might be afraid to wear it.

My only complaint/issue is that thus far I haven't been able to find a collar that I like the unbuttoned look of. They do a really nice spread for wearing with a tie, though.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Back when I was in socal I got measured and had a suit made. It turned out really well.

My test shirt didn't come out as well as I hoped. They need more collar options.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that others have been pleased. Come to think of it, I believe that Will of ASW fame gets shirts from Hemrajani -- that's a pretty good endorsement I suppose.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is MyTailor only worth it if fitted by Joe?

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is MyTailor only worth it if fitted by Joe?
I have not been fitted by Joe, although I get the impression that you should if you can (i.e, you are located in an area -- such as SoCal -- where he travels).

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what has walked through my door, is well made.
One of my customers asks me to brutally find fault with the hemrajani suits
sure, i can find some issues, but 99% of the population would never see what i am looking at.

shirts are well made.
I often end up with his shirt customers because the customer is looking for a trimmer fit.
I guess Joe is afraid to slim down the shirts to aggressively.

I also think his shirts are still made on old HK patterns which are a bit on the full side.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my last 7 shirts are from Hemrajani and I am very satisfied. I like the fact that he makes a stop locally so any adjustments are discussed on a personal basis. I always insist that Joe takes my measurements. I plan to order a trial trouser this Sept and SC in the near future.
As what Shirtmaven (CEGO?) pointed out, Joe is always cautious going too slim so it took us couple iterations to find a middle ground.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my last 7 shirts are from Hemrajani and I am very satisfied. I like the fact that he makes a stop locally so any adjustments are discussed on a personal basis. I always insist that Joe takes my measurements. I plan to order a trial trouser this Sept and SC in the near future.
As what Shirtmaven (CEGO?) pointed out, Joe is always cautious going too slim so it took us couple iterations to find a middle ground.

As I have indicated, I am quite pleased with everything I've had them make; however, I do wish that I could work with Joe, just to get his assessment of and input on fit if nothing else. Apparently Joe doesn't travel to D.C., so we can only work with the representatives that he sends here.

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
I've been very pleased with them although I've never had the opportunity to work with Joe. However, I too am struggling to find the right collar option. On their next visit I am going to see if we can come up with a hybrid option of one of their collars to address some of the failures.

BTW if anyone has a Hemrajani button down with a nice soft roll I'd greatly appreciate an order # and a picture. We are still working to get it right on one of my most recent shirts.

rob

Reaction score
I have had 15 or so shirts made my MyTailor and still wear a number of them. M Kenny did the fitting and he made the shirt in the dimensions I requested. Price is good. I have switched to a more expensive option mainly because of the fitting process. The new shirt maker has made adjustments to my lower right shoulder, added softer unfused cuffs and collars. The cost is more than double but I'm happier with the results than MyTailor.

Rob

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have had 15 or so shirts made my MyTailor and still wear a number of them. M Kenny did the fitting and he made the shirt in the dimensions I requested. Price is good. I have switched to a more expensive option mainly because of the fitting process. The new shirt maker has made adjustments to my lower right shoulder, added softer unfused cuffs and collars. The cost is more than double but I'm happier with the results than MyTailor.

Rob

Does this mean that My Tailor shirts usually have fused collars/cuffs?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 15 or so of his shirts. I asked for a soft non fused collar and cuff from the very start and have been pleased with the results. In fact , I may be ordering some more this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads