• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do we have better in Hong Kong

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Designer-Inspired cuff-links right across the border,
Ties from factories across the border (how is the quality and make anyway)
In-store Jantzen,
A-man,

hmm..seems all we need are shoes.
What am I missing which I can waste more of my hard-earned savings on?
lookaround.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
we have got shoes! here in HK the standard of the M2O i would say is quite high also they are quite accomidating interms of design etc and i think a fair price too!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Hey luk-cha,
Did you ever get around to comparison-shopping for China-based Jantzen alternatives? Just curious.

(Apologies if I'm thread-jacking here.)

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Hey luk-cha,
Did you ever get around to comparison-shopping for China-based Jantzen alternatives? Just curious.

(Apologies if I'm thread-jacking here.)

i have put the order in and i got it back but they made it about 6' too short as i order some casual shirts too which i wear un-tucked but the quality was as good if not better coz the things i asked for (apart from lenth) they did i am just waiting for some other sample from them and the price will be about the same as Jantzen - so once i get every thing back i will do a full write up and i am in the process of getting a website up and running so we all should benifit from chinese dumpping of cheap dress shirts
laugh.gif
(just dont tell bush!)

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
luk-cha: That's a mighty long run-on sentence!

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
luk-cha: That's a mighty long run-on sentence!
yeah sorry i speak without breathing sometimes too! or it might be that i speak too much chinese so my english suffers - soz!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
and of course lets not forget that ever-present chain store- giordano. seems like every street corner in hk has one. not really a store for the sartorially inclined but they have items that hits the mark- linen shirts, khaki trousers, cheap socks.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
also for casuals you have got u2 and bosini great stuff and cheap too

toiletduck where across the boader (assuming shenzhen) can you get cheap cufflinks???

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roast Duck
Crispy Pork
Beef Chow Mein (crispy noodles)

and of course .... Yum Cha

Ohhh wait , is this not the "Social Life, Food and Drink Forum"???

I am off to Hong Kong in a month... Cannot wait.

K

Phrost

Reaction score
Lol, everytime my mom comes back from a trip to Hong Kong, bags of Bossini and Giordano flood my apartment. I remember my cousin who is from Hong Kong said Bossini was cheap and low quality stuff looked down upon. Any truth to that?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bossini and Giordano serve the foreign workers.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
bossini and giodano u2 are the hk equivent to GAP and about the same quality and not as fashion forward as say zara h&m and topman et al!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
bossini, giordano and u2 are inexpensive low quality stuff. and there are some more even below them like baleno and hang ten (yeah, that old california brand with the footprint logo is still alive in hongkong)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads