• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do to between 8am-2pm in NYC/Bklyn?

itskub

Reaction score
Odd question I know. I have classes M,W, and F, and on M and W they don't start until 2pm, and unfortunately I'm a morning person so hopping out of bed at 7:30am is nothing.

What should I do to fill up this time.. gym, central Park, sleep, work at a cafe...?

jkennett

Reaction score
Get a morning job.

samblau

Reaction score
Enjoy the city during traditional work hours...esp in the summer, most of us do not get to do this...there are parks, all the different towns, shopping, restaurants for breakfast and lunch that you would otherwise not go to and yes, get a job a few days a week to defray costs. Gym is a great idea, Prospect Park in Brooklyn is very nice as well. If you have spare time perhaps do an internship or donate some time to a cause you have interest in. Looks great on a resume and employers are a lot less picky when the help is free.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A morning workout (including shower and breakfast) will take you up to 10am. Then study or do any class work you need to, update your resume, get a part time job, look for a winter break internship, watch tv, etc.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nooner?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah! I was just asking the universe the same thing this weekend. What the crap do you do when its sunny (besides shop) and no one does anything until 9pm? (what the hell IS everyone doing in the city on a weekend before 9pm that they are so unavailable, anyways?)

I guess you can read a book...

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
-Read
-Write a journal in the park or in a coffeeshop
-Sunbathe in the park, hit on cute girls
-Explore new neighborhoods (lots of cool ethnic places in Queens, for example)
-Hit the gym
-Take a language class, yoga class, dance class, martial arts class, etc.
-Get a part-time job at a sushi restaurant and learn to make sushi
-Buy a nice camera and put together a portfolio (so much to photograph in NYC - parks, rivers, skylines, streets, people)
-Watch foreign film matinees
-Volunteer
-Join toastmasters
-Go to a museum

Man, the list goes on and on. The city is MUCH more fun when the crowds are busy slaving away at work. I'd take NY 8am-8pm over the nightlife.

benjaminarnold

Reaction score
-get a morning job -ride yer bike -watch the sunrise on coney island, the warriors style

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads