1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What did you find at TJ Maxx/TK Maxx?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Aug 12, 2012.

1. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Don't know what's left, but the TK Maxx at the Bullring, in Birmingham, had a glut of C&J shoes a couple of weeks ago. Priced from £170 - £250:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

They always have tons of RL stuff. They are bought straight from the source, as opposed to the other stuff that is bought from other stores.

1 person likes this.
  3. Apollotrader

Apollotrader Senior member

In Scottsdale, AZ I have been seeing some RL Black label and a month ago I purchased a leather and chrome RL valet/organizer that retails for something like $450 for $75.00

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I feel sorry for all of you that have to make due with C&J, Corneliani and RLBL at your TJ Maxx. For those of us in downtown Chicago, we have a plethora of Lauren green label and Calvin Klein at our TJ Maxx to keep us stylin. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Haha, ain't this the truth...

6. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Some a pair of Gucci jeans today for $200+ and some Corneliani summer jackets for about $300.

7. bwp

bwp Senior member

[​IMG]

Corneliani summer blazers on mark down, if only they were my size....

8. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Wow! That's the one I saw but is still at $300 + tax.

9. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

$69???? [​IMG] That's just downright mean to rub that in our faces like that.

10. bwp

bwp Senior member

I could buy them up an resell them, I am far too lazy though. Sad, actually, to see them on the super clearance rack. Your average Marshalls customer has no idea what they are looking at, they are more likely to buy a Mark Ecko blazer for three times the price.

11. bwp

bwp Senior member

[​IMG]

Big load came in at my local Marshalls, several Boglioli Cashmere K jackets, Kiton suits, SCs and car coats, Brioni SCs, Zegna suits and SCs. Probably a total of 40 or so high end pieces, most seem to have came from Wilkes Bashford as the tags for many are still intact. All are in larger sizes otherwise I woudl be broke.

12. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Wow. I don't even bother with TJ Maxx/Marshall's anymore, but maybe they're stepping it up a bit? Or is this par for the course for your local Marshall's?

13. bwp

bwp Senior member

This is not the norm for most Marshalls/Tj Maxx's I have been to. From what I can tell it is the high volume stores in the larger cities that get these kinds of pieces.

14. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Yeah, I've definitely noticed a difference in the offerings at the locations in bigger cities but have still never seen anything approaching this. This is C21 level stuff. What were prices like?

15. bwp

bwp Senior member

Most have been marked down 50% from the original Marhsall's price which puts them around what you could pick them up for on Yoox. The peak lapel Kiton car coat in the bottom center of my photo is priced at 1k, the Wilkes Bashford tag is still on it for $7000:eek:

16. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

From my local Marshall's:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also purchased some Hugo Boss wool trousers. Passed on RLBL, Versace, and Fendi ties, Versace shirts, Duchamp shirt.

17. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Wilkes Bashford, who used to offload unsold merchandise to Filene's Basement, has begun selling dead stock and the like to Marshall's. There's a shit ton of stuff at my location(s) (Buckhead Atlanta). Haven't been since Christmas, but last I was in there was half a circular rack dedicated to Loro Piana outerwear. Prices were still insane, though. They also usually have a ton of PRL (Corneliani stuff), as well as a few items from Cantarelli, Brunello Cucinelli, Sartoria Partenopea, Brioni, and Kiton. Surprisingly most everything is between a 38 and a 44, but there's hardly a lot of deals to be had anymore. Granted it's 50-70% off retail, but even then I'm not trying to spend $2k on a sport coat from Marshall's. There used to be a lot better deals, as I stated earlier here:

1 person likes this.
  18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

TJ Maxx is terrible and worth a visit only if you happen to be in the neighborhood. Marshall's is usually a step up, though not nearly the level that Filene's Basement used to be. At the best Marshall's in the DC area (Pentagon City), I have spotted Zegna, RLPL, Sartoria Partenopea, and a lot of Corneliani diffusion (CC Corneliani and Trend Corneliani). Nothing approaching the Marshall's in other cities, however.

19. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

This hasn't been my experience. Lots of the Wilkes Bashford stock has showed up at my local store...Kiton, Brioni, Purple Label, Corneliani, etc. I've had more hits at TJ Maxx than at Marshall's.

Guess it all depends on your location and luck.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  20. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Is WB local to you though?

Dammit man post the sizes and proxy?

I once saw an RLPL amazing overcoat there on ultra clearance (yellow tag) for $500 down from about 4k. Fit me perfect but I didn't buy it because the store was closing in 10 minutes and I was torn... I went in the next morning to buy it and it was gone. A lady said a man had been there at store opening for it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014