• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
chicken alfredo
pErpsyo.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tonight at Mark’s Patio Bar & Grill, it’s fresh Malpeque oysters on the half shell, served with a garlic and Hatch chili mignonette. Accompanying the oysters is Mark’s Proper Gin Martini made with Berry Bros & Budd #3 gin (frozen, of course), a bit more than a splash of Cocchi Americano and a generous twist of organic lemon peel. Yum!
B228630C-E7B7-4A9F-952F-39DEE85ED170.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Living well, my friend.

esoxm

Reaction score
Nice - I like the hatch chili mignonette idea. Few better smells than a road side stand roasting them fresh in bulk.
We’ve been ordering oysters lately from island creek - easily my favorite east coast oysters and pricing during the Q has been really nice while they try to move inventory that would have otherwise gone to restaurants

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daughter in law birthday dinner. Roast chicken with plenty of roast veg and tofu katsu for the herbivore.

Dessert The (steamed) Sticky Date pudding with caramel sauce. Granddaughter woofed this down and confirmation that grandchild number two due in Jan/Feb Wahoo! :slayer:

The Sticky Date
683480E2-AF04-4ED1-B4A5-5980B60617E4.jpeg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200808_201406.jpg

20200808_204225.jpg

Risotto, fois gras, strawberry,
Rhubarb,whiskey soaked blueberries, pigeon, scallop

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father in law sent us some lobsters for my wife’s birthday so we boiled those up. I think I’ve had lobster enough times now to say with confidence that it is wildly inferior to Dungeness crab.
Dungees have way more meat, are cheaper (can be had for 6-7$/lb live), and can be cleaned prior to cooking making a better eating experience for most people.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Son's birthday dinner. Six hour roast lamb, (meat just fell off the bone) on a bed of rosemary and a dash of balsamic vinegar after sealing.
Roast new season spuds, pumpkin and steamed broccoli.
Vegan sausages for the herbivore. And pasta with meat and broccoli for little miss, fair bit went to the dog.

Washed down with a d’Arenberg 2015 The Laughing Magpie Shiraz Viognier from McLaren Vale.

Dessert individual Chocolate Lava cakes with whipped cream.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday night twice baked Milawa blue and goat cheese soufflés with steamed asparagus and a bitter green salad from the vegie patch.

Dessert Apple and Rhubarb (finally able to get some from the vegie patch) crumble with whipped cream.

Wash down with a NZ clean skin Pino Gris.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads