• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is a lot of strawberries!
Spring come early where you are?

Strawberry season begins earlier in Japan. They are really spectacular.
BC2271E6-C9E0-461F-A233-4639C5FB825C.jpeg

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm always amazed how just dragging a stick through some sauce takes it from looking like some nasty explosion of mayo to something visually appealing.

What I've always wondered is why mayo gets attributed to "things white people like" when it's rampant in multiple food cultures, to include Japanese and Mexican, in very tasty dishes.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate a cold greenhouse tomato with mayonnaise tonight and it was awesome.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I've always wondered is why mayo gets attributed to "things white people like" when it's rampant in multiple food cultures, to include Japanese and Mexican, in very tasty dishes.
I’ve been making a lot of Mayo lately with the liquid from pickled Japanese ginger, fresh lime juice and coconut sugar or local honey.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, In Japan, unagi has long been considered an aphrodisiac and “enhancer” of life energy, which to you I can confirm works on overtime.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some aglio olio pasta and made a cashew-based sauce. I have been trying to be vegan for ethical reasons (but was meat eater till couple of months back) recently. I have also been understanding that so many things that i used to think of as objective realities about food items isn't true. Been reading esp about the myths around water- it is the strangest things. Some cool concepts and controversies from all around the globe have been on my reading lists lately.
Don't understand why you would need a cashew sauce? or was that for another dish, aglio olio is simply olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't understand why you would need a cashew sauce? or was that for another dish, aglio olio is simply olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
it's a spam account

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m not so sure. That dihydrogen monoxide is some freaky ****.
It's bullshit that something that is in ANTI FREEZE AND CYANIDE is a chemical that they want to put in our childrens' schools.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads