What did you eat last night for dinner?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Fabienne, Jan 31, 2005.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

There is no such thing as a Keller roast chicken.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

a reacharound is Momofuku, in food terms. Breakfast in bed for some slag you're trying to get out of your house before noon is more like a 3-plate express menu where you want them to feel like you are begrudging them every plate plus the coffee for their measly $29, but you want to make sure they leave you a tip on the way out all the same, and so business as usual.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

jesus its a veritable fucking international pile on edina day in WDYELNFD land, even though Edina has said he's not a good cook.

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

k's comment was not about you. Not really.

5. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

carciofi ripieni
    crostini
    torta al cioccolato e vino rosso (!!)

6. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

stronzo!

7. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

the new gf can't be faulted:):)

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Jesus man, don't be such a fucking pussy. What's next, you send me a whiney "y don't u like me bro?" pm like the last guy I said somethign to in this thread did?

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

No, I don't think M&M has ever pm'd me to ask why I talk shit. He just asks why I talk shit on here. It was someone else. You'd think by now people would realize I just enjoy talking shit, whether it has any base in reality or not.

11. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

true, though we got the nod for talking shit about his stuff some weeks ago. I just don't remember you talking much shit about others, and I remember most everything.

Also, Times called the wines from the Finger Lakes great. Not good, but great. I remember what you said.

12. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The Times has been wrong before. Just ask Artisan Fan.

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

lol

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

11/10 on that rebuttal. Well done. :laugh:

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

I'm a philistine ( :) I helped take food pictures at jean georges) and not as educated on food as impolite one but I wouldn't spend my own money on jean georges again whereas I'd like to try momofuku ko lunch someday. The passard egg jg style and the egg with brioche toast was great as was the saffron dishes with lobster. Everything else was good but not really memorable. there was a turbot dish with a brunoise of zucchini and tomato on top where I thought mms knifework was better. The tuna tartare dish I had at nougatine was there again. Its a better version of spicy tuna at mediocre Korean owned Japanese restaurants. Curry sauces on overcooked lamb, chili oil here and there, etc. It's like a foreigners take on Asian food he tried on a long vacation everywhere. The plates were quite nice. The first one was bernardaud. Would love to have something like that. I like the lamp fixture. Thought the tables were a little cramped but I guess rent at the trump hotel is expensive.

I haven't read the momo cookbook but my meal at ko I felt was a more refined take on Japanese and Korean food. Using a dashi flavored with Bacon, smoked eggs, deep frying beef without batter kind of like Korean fried chicken, sashimi flavored with various things like international take on traditional Japanese food.

I'm not really knowledgeable on ramen but I went back to totto ramen and I still think momofuku noodles is better although lucky peach says that to save on costs they have cheaped out on ingredients considerably since I last went. The noodles were fantastic. A little on the raw side but I guess that's how he likes them. The egg was hardboiled and not marinated, broth subtle/bland although the chicken paitan was quite chickeny. I had heard that the corn was supposed to have parmesan but didn't. I had also thought a rolling boil is supposed the affect the broth negatively but like with most things I'm prolly wrong. The miso was great. Reminded me a lot Chinese zhazhang esp with the ground pork in it. I dont understand the hype. Last time I came I didn't wait that long but that was a long while ago. I wouldn't wait 30min for this. I got in an hour and there were ppl behind me to whom the host told they'd have to wait a few hours. Maybe there's just a real dearth of ramen in ny.

I really liked the adore. It's small, cute, quaint, excellent tea service with a decent selection of teas like darjeeling from the margaret hope estate, macarons were among the best I've had.

I went to laduree early and got there before a long line formed but would not bother again. A guy on the street asked if I waited four hours in line for five really expensive cookies and that's kinda how I feel although theyre about the same price at bouchon, maison du chocolat, payard, adore etc. The texture is a little different. More emphasis on the crunchy outer layer and light creams and jams. All macarons ive had are chewier.

Anyways if you haven't had a meal at gramercy tavern I would highly recommend.

/end hyperpretentious ignorant wall of text.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011